Main Menu

Dredd classified 18 by the BBFC-yay!

Started by chuffsteruk, 29 August, 2012, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

An hour and a half is just dandy for a movie like Dredd.

Funny - I remember being impressed after watching Source Code a while back with how it used its slender running time (I don't think it's even 90 minutes) much better than some of the bloated and over-long movies that Hollywood seems to be insisting on of late.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Danbo

Oh I love EPICS ,can't wait for the Laurence of Arabia re release in November,227 mins long digitally restored directors cut.I'll need an arse transplant after that.
Filmworks in Manchester are also doing  Lord of the Rings extended edition all night marathon,free coffee between films,it's being considered
Good thing about short films is though you can watch em twice in a day and still have time left,also good from a film profit point of view because it means they can squeeze more showings into the day and increase revenue.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Toni Scandella

This 90 minutes vs the now standard 17 hours for a film reminds me a bit of how punk songs were shorter than prog rock songs. 

I always preferred punk.

(For the record, the reason I am not going to see DKR was the running time listed has put me off - especially for a character I have little interest in)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: HdE on 02 September, 2012, 04:46:12 AMFunny - I remember being impressed after watching Source Code a while back with how it used its slender running time (I don't think it's even 90 minutes) much better than some of the bloated and over-long movies that Hollywood seems to be insisting on of late.
Quite. Mrs G and I went to see Dark Knight Rises yesterday. Bleh. Overly long, bloated, exposition-heavy, plot-light (with plot holes), dull and dreary. You could cut and hour off the film and lose nothing, and you'd probably end up with a tighter, punchier end result. They were going for Lord of the Rings, but with a plot barely deeper than what we're going to get in Dredd. So, yeah: keeping things tight and focussed gets my vote.