Main Menu

Kirkman's Invincible

Started by Rex Banner, 25 July, 2008, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

I know there are a few Walking Dead fans on the board but can't remember anyone talking about Invincible. It's really rather good and quite a refreshing take on the genre and it's soon to be a sort of not quite a comic not quite a cartoon series online.

http://www.invincibleseries.com

Mardroid

I read the first two volumes of Invincible, and I rather liked them.
[spoiler]I couldn't help thinking the 'shock moment' was too out of character though. Definitely took what was originally a light-hearted story to a dark dark place... which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the depth of the switch felt off somehow.[/spoiler]

Bongo Jack

Invincible is a fave of mine.  Kirkman has done the whole thing as a homage to how you remember old-school Marvel, as opposed to how old-school Marvel actually reads through the cynical eyes of adulthood.  Some good running gags and a nice line in long-haul storytelling, but by God, someone should make Kirkman read Strangers In Paradise so he knows that drawing love-triangles out forever can kill a book.
"Damn it Grayson, just bang the redhead already!"

If you want to read something in a similar vein, DC's Blue Beetle is a fun romp, with one of the last issues I read having all the text in Portugese.
Live forever or die trying