Main Menu

Zenith - a few questions (with spoilers)

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 06 May, 2013, 01:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Eddie was clearly based on Eddie Clockerty (clue's in the name), the manager of the band in John Byrne's BBC Scotland six part comedy drama, Tutti Frutti*. Richard Wilson played Clockerty as camp and prissy, but I can't remember whether his sexuality was a plot point.

As well as Victor Meldrew, the adaptation featured the star of BBC Scotland's ill starred Bogie Man adaptation and the warden of Aspen prison:

https://youtu.be/zUfyErRU9ro

Regarding the Lloigor/Chimera, everything inside Chimera is Chimera, so the shift from Peyne's narration to Chimera's narration is really only a switch from Chimera experiencing itself as Peyne** to Chimera experiencing itself without a focalising identity.

Phase IV makes it clear that the black sun is a gateway that allows the Lloigor to 'reunite with their primal selves'. While the Lloigor are humans from the late twentieth century, I think they're also just ideas - like Jungian archetypes - that have always existed and always will, outside time and space.

Though they manifest inside Chimera as 'pure being', I don't think their 'primal selves' are any more trapped inside Chimera than Iok Sotot was trapped on Earth when he possessed Maximan. I think their 'primal selves' are still out there in over space.

* It doesn't seem well known in the rest of the country, but everyone in late eighties Scotland thought it was fucking brilliant that we'd managed to make some telly that wasn't Thingummyjig or Take The High Road.

** In the same way the Judeo-Christian deity, Jehova, used a Nazarean carpenter as a focalising point  to experience itself from within.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 November, 2013, 09:38:53 PM
QuoteI've just read this whole thread and the one JBC linked to in an *ahem* enhanced state of mind,

Though I'm getting a bit too old myself for such enhanced states of mind and very rarely dabble in anything of the sort,

God almighty, some things have changed since then
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"