Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Decided on the Saturday only in the end, ticket and train sorted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there and especially the FuturQuake table  :wave:

Bolt-01

Here's hoping you have quite a late train back- The chinese after show meal is always good fun!

uncle fester

Really looking forward to it now.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 September, 2010, 11:16:59 PM
Sounds like a rendezvous at the FutureQuake table. From there, we strike out for... the bar!

Do you promise not to bring any expensive (potentially lose-able) technology with you this time? :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: uncle fester on 14 September, 2010, 11:50:56 AM
Do you promise not to bring any expensive (potentially lose-able) technology with you this time? :)

I feel naked without my laptop!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mygrimmbrother

Richmond Clements

We won't be there, I'm afraid- but we will be at Thought Bubble.

Christov

Everybody looking forward to the preshow-party?

Bolt-01

Pre-show!

Now, last year myself, RAC, Bou, Kev (and Mrs Kev), Dunk! & Banners all sequestered ourselves in a pub for the night. The beer was fine and the conversation was too.

I'd be well up for doing the same again, and never mind trying to spot comic celebs in a nightclub- unless everyone wants to go there?

Who's up for the pub?

Richmond Clements

QuoteI'd be well up for doing the same again, and never mind trying to spot comic celebs in a nightclub- unless everyone wants to go there?

Who's up for the pub?

Even though we won't be there- I'd heartily endorse this option.
I would not, however, suggest you get the 'flu over the rest of the weekend, head home and spend the next week in bed like I did last time...

Kerrin

Ah, to hell with this saving money shit, I'm coming along. Any suggestions for a hotel on Saturday night?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 September, 2010, 01:16:26 PM
Now, last year myself, RAC, Bou, Kev (and Mrs Kev), Dunk! & Banners all sequestered ourselves in a pub for the night. The beer was fine and the conversation was too.

I'd dearly love to, but so many of my lettering jobs are going to press on a Friday deadline these days, I daren't even go to my local for more than a couple on a Friday these days!

I'll be around all day Saturday, Saturday evening, and most of Sunday, so hopefully I'll catch up with a bunch of this forum's fine members.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

Lady Festina

Quote from: Kerrin on 20 September, 2010, 08:47:54 PM
There is a bar right?

If there isn't a bar, I shall bally well go out into the supermarkets of Birmingham, stock up on booze and open one myself. Good grief, man, no bar?

Kev Levell

Quote from: Kerrin on 20 September, 2010, 08:12:34 PM
Ah, to hell with this saving money shit, I'm coming along. Any suggestions for a hotel on Saturday night?

I'll never do the convention special at the Britannia again after the first year there... Holiday Inn above Nostalgia is pretty good, I've heard nice things about the Ramada at the Mail Box too, but not stayed there.

Kerrin

Cheers Kev. I'm going to do some research of course, but any recommendations are most welcome.

Now I've actually bought the pass and committed to go I'm feeling quite excited. My first ever comic con, WOO-HOO! I'm particularly looking forward having a couple of quiet beers with fellow boarders. HA!

Mustn't forget a decent sketchbook.