Main Menu

Cardiff Comics Expo March 2-3

Started by Bolt-01, 09 January, 2013, 09:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Cardiff Comics Expo this year looks like a blast, especially for fans of 2000 AD.

Not only do we have JUDGE MINTY getting a screening but Zarjaz will be premiereing issue 17. Not only that but after the successful appearance by Colin Macneil at Thought Bubble we have decided to have a second table for sketching & signing at Cardiff.

If you are a 2000 AD art droid (or even proto-droid) and you feel like resting your weary perambulatory unit for a while, let me know and we will arrange a time to suit. There are no fees involved and any funds generated are purely the droids own.

James Stacey

Cardiff Comic Expo is always a blast

Richmond Clements

I have a question about Cardiff : how the hell do I get there?
Seems like flying to Bristol and train is the only option...
Anybody have a better (cheaper) one?

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Doesn't seem to be a direct one from here. I'll have a proper look this evening, but I thought I'd ask the interweb to do my work for me..!

James Stacey

Cardiff airport has flights from Glasgow (You're in Inverness right?) So I guess it depends what part of the trip you want to drive. National Express seem to run a service if you don't mind a 15 hour trip.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 January, 2013, 11:25:08 AM
Cardiff airport has flights from Glasgow (You're in Inverness right?) So I guess it depends what part of the trip you want to drive. National Express seem to run a service if you don't mind a 15 hour trip.

Cheers, James. That's what I'm talking about! Do the lazy man's work for him!
Don't mind a long bus trip at all, especially if it's cheap!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 January, 2013, 11:25:08 AM
Cardiff airport has flights from Glasgow (You're in Inverness right?)

flybe.com shows a flight from Glasgow to Cardiff on Fri 1st for £35 and one back on Mon 4th for £45... 90 minutes each way.

(Remind me again why we pay so much for our rail fares?)

EDIT: The same trip by National Express appears to be £45 each way...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Indeed - I checked the train and there were prices north of £600!
I would love to travel by train, but fuck that!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 January, 2013, 11:40:09 AM
Indeed - I checked the train and there were prices north of £600!

www.thetrainline.com has an off-peak return on the same dates for a mere £218. Ten hours and three changes...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

I'll be at Cardiff - because, well because that's the first place this year I'll be selling The Psychedelic Journal :D

Never been before - still not sure whether I'm commuting back to Bristol or trying to find somewhere to stay in the city though!

Bolt-01

I'll be staying, but I need to book my room still. Cursed lack of funds...

Dandontdare

I don't know if there'll be any convenrrtion rates, but the convention hotel is very expensive - I managed to find a pretty cheap deal at the Tanes hotel about half a mile away.

Dunk!

Was recommended Cardiff Expo at Leeds by a variety of good folk so suck-it-and-see I guess.

Hotel booked (ticket being a problem)

Hopefully have some new Zarjaz work to show by then.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

shaolin_monkey

I have room for two in my spare room if anyone is stuck for a hotel.  The downside is you'll probably have to join me for a massive piss-up in town before we head home.