Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2013

Started by Satanist, 12 January, 2013, 01:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judo

Im so lovin Colin macneils guest description on the gcon website and yay colin is confirmed...

'He is a proud recipient of an MM and Bar, the Millinery Medal, i.e. you can always spot his hat in the bar!'

...hahahaha we love you colin <3 john higgins, rufus dayglo, gary erskine and other confirmed too x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Alex on 25 February, 2013, 08:36:19 PM
Hey Steve G/Minty, is it possible you will be back at the Glasgow con with the film?

Yep, we would be more than happy for them to screen it, after the usual permissions had been arranged.

However, it's more a case of - would it be that much of a draw after it's been online? Perhaps something a little more 'throw away' than taking up room in the schedule? Put it on the telly in the bar ;)

Proudhuff

Quote from: Minty on 26 February, 2013, 12:58:17 AM
Quote from: Alex on 25 February, 2013, 08:36:19 PM
Hey Steve G/Minty, is it possible you will be back at the Glasgow con with the film?
Put it on the telly in the bar ;)

Well the Variety Bar after the Wagner talk last week at the CCA was projecting Amine and Sin City onto one wall of the pub... confused the feck out of me until I found out everyone else could see it too  :-\
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

I was in 2 minds whether to go this year but Carlos has swung it. Tickets for weekend bought. And this year Im gonna bring the weans, God help me.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

GordyM

Quote from: Satanist on 26 February, 2013, 10:12:59 AM
I was in 2 minds whether to go this year but Carlos has swung it. Tickets for weekend bought. And this year Im gonna bring the weans, God help me.

To swap for comics?  :)
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Satanist

How dare you imply such a thing, I'll take nothing less than an original Carlos Dredd.

The line up for this is getting better and better.

Judo

yay alan grant, barry kitson, pete doherty and mike ploog confirmed x

Satanist

Well that seems to be the final update and last guest will make Judo one happy stalker  :lol:

Now if Davis is sketching do I get Captain Britain or D.R and Quinch?

Buttonman

Up for this totally! Any Souther softies plan on making the trip? I take it they have panels and auctions and stuff? I mean I'm happy hanging around the dealers all day but if it's just going to the pub my £20 may be better invested there.

Judo

Robbie morrison and yayay my gorgeous stoner boy himself Frank Quitely!!  I got in trouble off him for hugging him too hard lolol  :lol:

Satanist

Buttonman -They have talks and Q & A's, so you should be able to chat with fellow artists.

Buttonman

Perfect. Hope they get this guy - http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/ needs a couple of pointers from a true master!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 March, 2013, 01:15:51 AM
I mean I'm happy hanging around the drug dealers all day but if it's just going to the pub my £20 may be better invested there.

Usual day for you then...
DDT did a job on me

Judo

that does sound like glasgow! Hehe well yah panels, dealers and all that jazz but not like millions - its in a community arts place not like an exhibition hall or anything. But its glasgow and there is abar on site and yuup probably around 3-4 go to pub properly BUT that's a whole day of annoying people to be had pre pub B-) x x x 

Dredd Head

Is it possible to pay at the door for this event?