Main Menu

Prog 2143 - The End

Started by NapalmKev, 03 August, 2019, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

I'm not sure I like the only bolded full words there being 'Greg' and 'virginity'.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 09 August, 2019, 09:27:36 PM

Quote...only to turn him into a damsel who hangs around waiting for the Ant Hill Mob to show up and rescue him

Interesting juxtaposition there...

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 August, 2019, 10:19:03 PM
Quote from: Frank on 09 August, 2019, 09:27:36 PM
...only to turn him into a damsel who hangs around waiting for the Ant Hill Mob to show up and rescue him

Interesting juxtaposition there...

https://i.imgur.com/kTnDz7C.jpg?2

Bugger - now I have to post lots of Carlos Ezquerra art. Look what he's made me do, Greg:

Even when unable to do anything, Dredd dishes out more laldy in 3 panels than he's done in the last 8 weeks:

Only a madman would argue that The Starborn Thing is a great Dredd story, but Carlos classes it up as only he can. If Ezquerra had drawn The Space Girls, he'd have found some way to make it enjoyable and memorable:

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 09 August, 2019, 09:32:59 PM
I'm not sure I like the only bolded full words there being 'Greg' and 'virginity'.

You missed out 're'.  Though that brings to mind the phrase "It's been so long since I've had sex that I think my virginity is growing back" so, er, as you were...

broodblik

One thing everyone is forgetting is that Pin had all the cheat-codes available. She was playing the game on the easy setting and had Dredd at a disadvantage.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

This is at least the third time someone has shut down Joe's peepers. An investigation into Med Div safeguards seems prudent. By someone other than the SJS.

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 August, 2019, 08:13:12 AM
This is at least the third time someone has shut down Joe's peepers. An investigation into Med Div safeguards seems prudent. By someone other than the SJS.

I recall the time he was hit with an EMP and his cadet was killed so blind Dredd goes on a boot-knife frenzy (because I own that page), but what was the other?

broodblik

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 August, 2019, 08:28:58 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 August, 2019, 08:13:12 AM

I recall the time he was hit with an EMP and his cadet was killed so blind Dredd goes on a boot-knife frenzy (because I own that page), but what was the other?

Which prog ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

1596-1599.

There was also a Dave Stone novel where that happened, Wetworks.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard on 10 August, 2019, 10:07:44 AM
1596-1599.

That's the EMP one, isn't it? Like TB, I can't remember the other one...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Hmmm, I wasn't thinking of the Dave Stone novel, was there not another more recent instance since the Robbie Morrison one?  I'm trying to remember specifics, beyond thinking this week wasn't the first time since the first time, but it's not happening. 

broodblik

Quote from: Richard on 10 August, 2019, 10:07:44 AM
1596-1599.

There was also a Dave Stone novel where that happened, Wetworks.

Thx - Blindside by Robbie Morrison and Richard Elson

Frank

A legend walks the spaces between spaces, the places that are not here but are not there: they know him as Ian Anorak Hollingsworth.

From his secret lair, he corrects all bullshit being talked about 2000ad anywhere on the internet. As his emissary, I bring news that Dredd's vision was taken out by an EMP grenade in Al Ewing and John Higgins' Served Cold (1718-1725).

TordelBack

Of course!  And one of my favourite 'recent' storylines too, oh the shame!  Cheers Ian and Frank!

DrJomster

Playing catch up and finally caught up.

After a little break, please oh mighty Tharg can we have a return to the Cabs/Absalom world? It's been absolutely flipping brilliant!

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.