Main Menu

It's amazing what you can do with a chicken?

Started by Mary Poppins, 19 August, 2009, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

My.  God.

Remind me WHY I thought "I'll have a look at this, no doubt, cookery themed thread and see what the hivemind recommend" again?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Mary Poppins

Thanks for all the suggestions - the Xmas decoration idea will come in handy this festive season.

Today I picked up another whole chicken for the princely sum of £2.34 (again freerange) from Morrisons - god bless the credit crunch!.  This week I'm thinking of:

1. Roast chicken
2. Chicken stir-fry
3. Chicken pakora
4. Chicken noodle soup

I'm going to be on the lookout for cheap, quality meat for a Desperate Dan style cowpie for next Sunday.  Any suggestions?
Sunflowers, cakes, rainbows, daydreams, my little pony, angel delight, vegetarian sausage rolls...

ThryllSeekyr

Things yo can do with Chicken
Quote from: johnnystress on 20 August, 2009, 11:09:30 AM

BLEEEUUUURGGHH!
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/04/good_eats_a_whole_chicken_in_a.php

That makes the mouth water.

I quite sure that I would get funny expression from the store clerk if I asked for thsi at my local market. Though they cooked and uncanned chickens anyway.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2009, 11:08:42 PM
I ate Chicken Slaine once, but it gave me a spasm

Oy, enough of that! I consider that blasphemy:P

As for what else can be done with chicken.

Just ask Peter Gabriel.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0

Just enjoy the music and watch for the dancing chicken corpses.

It's like frankensteins monster, except with chickens.

Your appetites will never be the same again.

If you want something more.... then watch my Spore video of my Martian dog attacking a Chicken Spore creature and feasting on it's corpse.

Although it already looks like a prepared meal before it's stopped moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW4UixpozwI&feature=channel_page

PsychoGoatee

Hmmm, I've bought chicken at the grocery store, put some kind of seasoning on it, such as lemon pepper, and cooked it in the oven.

Then I proceed to eat the chicken, and it's pretty good.

Sometimes I chop up some chicken and put it in a salad, call me crazy.

James Stacey

Quote from: Mary Poppins on 23 August, 2009, 09:05:24 PM
I'm going to be on the lookout for cheap, quality meat for a Desperate Dan style cowpie for next Sunday.  Any suggestions?

Beef ?

Paul faplad Finch

I once killed a chicken. Bare hand job, rung it's neck. I was about 8 or 9 at the time. Wasn't my idea you understand. I was helping out on my Grandfathers allotment and he decided it was about time I "had a go".  I had nightmares for weeks afterwards and I refused to partake when it was offered up as a meal. Looking back, it was the beginning of the end for my meat eating days.

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Mike Gloady

I regret the loss of a young meat-eater.  Carnivore brethren, put down your bacon sandwiches and remove your hats and let's have a minute's silence for the 8 year old's Faplad.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Bouwel

I once killed a chicken. Bare hand job, rung it's neck

Isn't that what a young Francis Dolarhyde did in Red Dragon?

I'm scared...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

johnnystress

Quote from: Mary Poppins on 23 August, 2009, 09:05:24 PM

Dandontdare

Quote from: faplad on 24 August, 2009, 04:53:14 PM
I once killed a chicken. Bare hand job, rung it's neck.

You gave it a hand job before you wrung it's neck? Drokk, I'm all for animal welfare but that's too much!

SuperSurfer

After a lifetime of eating the poor fellas (mostly over the years in the form of Greggs chicken salad sandwiches) I have often wondered just how many farms worth of chickens I have consumed.