Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Best wishes from the northern wastes, Mike.

Not a lot I can add to what others have already said, really, other than to pass on the story my uncle Tom's last words to his wife, Elizabeth, when he was nearing the end of his time in the Marie Curie hospice.

An emotional look in his eyes, he beckoned her over - clearly having something of great importance to say. Elizabeth leaned down tenderly, and he whispered in a tone of weary indignation what were to be his final words on this earth: "You can't shit in a bag..."

Sheer brilliance, and summed the man up perfectly. Made me and his close family smile for a long time afterwards.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SmallBlueThing

Life spugs because of...

Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! (dotcom)

An advert that makes me wish for an immediate and distractingly painful death.

SBT

Mike Gloady

Steev, you're so right.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhh!

HATE IT. 

HATE

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

locustsofdeath!

My wife's return from her deployment to Afghanistan was just extended - AGAIN.

September 10th was her 6-month mark, she was supposed to fly out of there on the 11th. Three days before thsat, she was notified she had to stay til the 19th.

Then the 26th.

Now the 29th.

Three day trip home to the UK.

She'll have been gone for nearly 7 months. If she doesn't get extended again.

Fucking military machine.

uncle fester

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 September, 2009, 10:27:31 PM
Life spugs because of...

Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! Webuyanycar! (dotcom)

SBT

And now I have the tune stuck in my head....

Richmond Clements

Locusts that's fucking terrible! Sorry to hear that man- must be horrible for your young ones too...

And thank god I don't know that advert... and I'm listening to System of a Down at the moment anyway.

zombemybabynow

How can you hate Webuyanycar! (dotcom)- it's kraftwerk-esque inspired genius and if my wife's a little down, i dance around the lounge to it which always makes her laugh, (no divorce papers seen as yet!)
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

TordelBack

QuoteShe'll have been gone for nearly 7 months. If she doesn't get extended again.

Christ, Locusts, that's shite.  I don't know how you cope, man.

Mike Gloady

Thinking of you and the little Locusts, buddy.

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 September, 2009, 10:27:31 PM
Life spugs because of...

SBT

Not seen this ad so the post puzzled me at first  - I was reading it as one word, rhyming with Lubyanka (and it's not often you can say that).

Altogether now.... Moooooon-piiiig!

vzzbux

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 16 September, 2009, 01:05:40 PM

September 10th was her 6-month mark, she was supposed to fly out of there on the 11th. Three days before thsat, she was notified she had to stay til the 19th.

Then the 26th.

Now the 29th.

Sorry to hear that, you cant trust the military. I cant remember my tour's being like that but then again the armed forces wasn't as stretched back then. Although when the first gulf war so abruptly stopped we were waiting around doing literally nothing for about 2 months before we were finally shipped out back to blighty.
Another gripe while it is fresh in my mind. We were the first SATCOM detachment in Kuwait, via Iraq and they kept us on the outskirts of Kuwait City then flew in a fresh detachment from Saudi, Fucking rear echelon mutherfuckers.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

locustsofdeath!

Thanks for the words guys. The ironic thing is that she joined the Air Force to get on the fast track to a medical degree. She works in the hospital, but she's just cleaning up the carnage - the hospital is too busy to even allow her to administer aid in the surrounding villages. She wants to save the world.

The little ones miss her, but they're being brave.

johnnystress

I cant get Sharon Corr's new song out of my head

sob  :(

Mike Gloady

That's funny, I can't get her arse out of my head.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 16 September, 2009, 01:05:40 PM

Then the 26th.

Now the 29th.

Sorry to hear that.This brings home how the war machine directly affects so many lives apart from those who are directly participating in it.

The war machine is expanding its operations in Afghanistan plus it is also expanding into Pakistan which has been going on for a while now and now Somalia so anyone expecting an end to it all can just forget it.

Heres to Hope and Change......

Because of yesterday.Just a chain of events that was unbelievable which meant i got very angry and stressed and today i feel drained so i am not going to work.

Even the simplest thing like getting a takeaway goes wrong.3 times i asked for double burgers only to find out when i got home half my dinner was missing because BurgerKing employ people who cant count even up to 2 and hardly speak English.

I typed out a rant full of expletives to get rid of some of the aggression and then deleted it which helped.

"WE buy any car"

They will but they wont pay you very much so you are better off selling it yourself.I dont want to hear it again but i didnt find it annoying.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death