Main Menu

Playstation 3 bundle price

Started by Quirkafleeg, 05 July, 2006, 04:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

DavidXBrunt

The Amstor Computer

?550 / $1000 for anyone who can't see the link. Not surprising, but still an absurd price for what is still basically just a games console.

Wils

I've got complete and utter apathy towards the PS3 now.

In contrast: In a games shop today, I saw a vid for an upcoming RPG-type game on the Wii where you have to swing the controller around your head like a bolo. SOLD!

Dog Deever

It'll probably break down in around 14months.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Radbacker

the backlash against sony seems to be on now, with the flub they're trying to foist off on us as the PS3 I think its about time too.
Not interested in this at all and I've pretty much brought every console ever released on launch too or with in a month or so of launch(even a Sega 32X).  Maybe when it drops to an acceptable price and shows me a bit more of its power I'll get one, Thinking about it I didn't bother with a PSP(mate got one not too impressed) and when my PS2 gave up the ghost I didn't bother replacing it either so I guess I'm one person who's over Sony.

CU Radbacker(Long live the Dreamcast)

dweezil2

The Dreamcast is sorely missed, it seriously pissed on the PS2 from a great height! Sadly it seemed Sega's lack of funds and poor advertising doomed it from the outset.
With the next generation, it's Wii all the way for me, baby!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

I, Cosh

When you take off the cost of the three games, isn't that exactly the same price as the Xbox 360 mega pack?
We never really die.

Something Fishy

nowhere near it.  it is ?425 quid.. rather than ?280.

Likelyhood is that ?280 will be with a couple of games come Christmas too.

Darryl

Thing is, I have a PSP that I use for erm.. 'breaks' (taken in the gents) to play Football Manager, and bugger all else, and an xbox thats gathering dust under the tv (last game? cor... burnout?  halflife 2?).  The only thing that'll make me part with hard earned readies is Halo 3... till then? nah - cant be arsed.

Anyhoo - isnt the 360 higher specced?

The Amstor Computer

Nope. The 360 is pretty powerful, but from what I've seen of the PS3 specs it has definitely got the edge on Microsoft's machine. As a quick guide, from least powerful to most:

Wii
-
-
-
Xbox 360
-
-
-
Playstation 3
-
-
-
Skynet

:-)

Of course, you won't see a massive difference between PS3 and 360 at first - developers will be getting to grips with the first generation of PS3 games at the same time as the third generation of Xbox 360 titles appears and I expect them to look broadly comparable - but I think that eventually you'll see stuff on the PS3 that the 360 just can't match up to.

Wii is going the lower-powered route, so it's not going to be able to compete with the PS3 or 360, but from the footage of the major launch titles I've seen, it's still going to be a step up from this generation. And, of course, you have the novel interface - twin motion sensitive controllers, one for each hand, tied in with a form of spacial detection - that neither competing console can match (hype about the PS3's "six degrees of freedom" and motion-sensitivity aside...)

Art

Hmm... I have some severe doubts about Blu-Ray as well.

IndigoPrime

Man, the reasons to buy a Wii just keep on growing. It's also so diddy, so I can get away with sitting it next to the TV. If I got a 360 or PS3, that'd mean ditching the Dreamcast or Xbox.

Rob Spalding

I need a Wii.

Right, feel better for that, empty even.*

On to this debate.  I like the sensibilities behind the Nintendo machine, more geared towards having fun than having the prettiest graphics.

*I apologise, but I hadn't made a Wii joke yet.