Main Menu

Prog 2152 - Watch the world burn!

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 October, 2019, 09:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Having read the rest of the prog now, I'll say that Defoe is lots of fun, and I can't wait to dive into this clockpunk space travel lark a bit deeper. It's not quite as intensely bizarre and original as Nemesis' Gothic Empire, but few things are.  I'm still finding the artwork a but of a struggle though.

I like Hope a lot too, though not sure how I feel about the full-frontal view. Part of me says feck it, what'a wrong with the human body anyway, but another part would like to think that the prog shouldn't be totally out of reach to youngsters.  Glenn Fabry managed to illustrate an entire army of nude Sessair at war without a single bollock in sight.

Haven't read Brink yet; I need to read it from the start as I missed a lot of it. By most accounts it's worth it.

All in all, I'm back to enjoying the prog again, and looking forward to the next one, for the first time in years. The inclusion of Wagner / McNeil Dredd and Deadworld alone makes this a glorious time for the House of Tharg.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"