Main Menu

Rogue Trooper Short

Started by Steve Green, 10 April, 2018, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Hi Mike,

I swear blind I've seen ads on it in the past.

Steve Green

Screen grabbed just now.

And again I could swear I've seen video ads in the past.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 02:52:58 PM
Hi Mike,

I turned it off years ago and have double-checked - monetisation is definitely not activated on our channel. If you see ads, it's probably because YouTube has rightly/wrongly identified copyrighted material on a video (like the track 'Athmo3-video copilot' on the Minty trailer) and forces ads onto it whether you want it to or not. If it's inaccurately showing ads, let me know and I can challenge it.

Steve Green

If you go about 10 secs in there's a marker on the timeline, with a pop-up ad.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 02:34:04 PM
It was all shot and edited by the time I was approached, I asked them if I'd approached Rebellion about it, and they said they wanted to get it all finished, since it had been shot and edited - so they were too far along the line of putting money into it for Rebellion to say no.

I'm no expert on these things, but basically trying to railroad an IP holder into giving permission for a fan film doesn't strike me as the best way to create a healthy relationship between the parties.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 June, 2018, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 02:52:58 PM
Hi Mike,

I turned it off years ago and have double-checked - monetisation is definitely not activated on our channel. If you see ads, it's probably because YouTube has rightly/wrongly identified copyrighted material on a video (like the track 'Athmo3-video copilot' on the Minty trailer) and forces ads onto it whether you want it to or not. If it's inaccurately showing ads, let me know and I can challenge it.

OK, so there were ads on it in the past?

Steve Green

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 June, 2018, 03:00:19 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 02:34:04 PM
It was all shot and edited by the time I was approached, I asked them if I'd approached Rebellion about it, and they said they wanted to get it all finished, since it had been shot and edited - so they were too far along the line of putting money into it for Rebellion to say no.

I'm no expert on these things, but basically trying to railroad an IP holder into giving permission for a fan film doesn't strike me as the best way to create a healthy relationship between the parties.

Like I said I had no say in the matter, and by that point I didn't really care either because it didn't seem to make much difference either way, it's an already compromised relationship.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 03:01:16 PM

The channel is seven years old, I seem to recall turning ads off after maybe three months.

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

That's on this one https://youtu.be/cLIfbQeSW2w yeah? Yes, an audio firm has put in a copyright claim so it automatically shows ads - we don't run them or benefit from them.

Steve Green

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 June, 2018, 03:04:01 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 03:01:16 PM

The channel is seven years old, I seem to recall turning ads off after maybe three months.

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 03:00:09 PM

That's on this one https://youtu.be/cLIfbQeSW2w yeah? Yes, an audio firm has put in a copyright claim so it automatically shows ads - we don't run them or benefit from them.

Cheers,

Yes, the audio is all bought and paid for.

Molch-R

Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2018, 03:06:31 PM
Yes, the audio is all bought and paid for.

Then we'd need to file a dispute. I'll email you when I'm back in the office.

Steve Green

Cheers Mike,

if you need any receipts/proof of purchase of the audio I can supply them.

Steve Green

TordelBack

Good stuff, cheers!  Had a quick re-watch there into the bargain, it really is a fun little thing, swearing aside.  The more I look at the execution of the GIs and the biochips, the more I like it.

Steve Green

Yeah, the swearing is something I wouldn't have gone with personally - Maybe gone with Filthy Norts or something similarly comic-like.

Think I suggested having the chip swearing fritzing on the swear words as an alternative, but didn't really have much say in the matter...

All the chip dialogue was recorded way afterwards anyway so it could quite easily have been changed.

There was talk about sticking in the drill probes somewhere and I was up for doing that, but I seem to recall they'd not really shot enough coverage to have it in there.

By the time I got to it were wasn't a natural place for it.

Rotoscoping that final shot of Rogue took a fair amount of time, especially since I was only originally supposed to be doing the eyes and some muzzle flashes.