Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 November, 2017, 05:09:16 PM
Dudes - the Daily Dredds - 'not missing much'...!?!  :o

You DEFINITELY need to get your hands on a copy of volume one and review it!

Lol, at least in terms of storyline effects on the main progs. There's so much stuff that's either part of or adjacent to the 2000AD canon that at some point you've got to prioritize some parts. I'm definitely going to check out the daily Dredds, but unfortunately we definitely don't have time to cover them as part of our regular Space Spinner coverage :(
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WhizzBang on 17 November, 2017, 07:37:35 AM

I am expecting a big reaction from Fox on the turn of events in Block Mania that should be coming up on Monday

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one. Keep on keeping on chaps this podcast continues to be an absolute joy. Can't thank you enough for keeping it going.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling seventy-fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 241-244  of 2000 AD, covering December of 1981. Join us as Matt Tallon gets revenge, Ace Trucking gets jacked, Nemesis gets stabbed, Rogue Trooper gets laid out, and Judge Dredd gets his man, but at what cost!?

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Lobo Baggins

"Stay tuned at the end of Episode 75 for important news for all listeners!"

Noooooooooo!!!!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 20 November, 2017, 02:58:18 PM
"Stay tuned at the end of Episode 75 for important news for all listeners!"

Oh God please don't tell me your merging with Everything Come Back to 2000ad. Only Conrad transfers over and we get glimpses of Fox in Annual and Specials only!

SpaceSpinner2000

All will be explained in Thursday's show. Don't worry, we're still hard a work making shows, we just recorded one last night!

Colin YNWA

"Billy club panel" - now that's GOLD!

The Monarch

I don't think i could take it if the podcast got canned ipc style :o

Steve Green

Fox is reviving the green cross code man for a series of a public safety films in the US.

In a twist, he now has a Walter style speech impediment, and has been rebwanded the Gween Cwoss code dwoid.

And has an air-horn to scare the cwap out of any pedestwians twying to wun into twaffic.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 20 November, 2017, 01:30:35 PM
Matt Tallon gets revenge

I think that we're definitely supposed to be rooting for Tallon as a hero, rather than him turning out to be an out-and-out baddy - however, it's worth noting that Tom Tully gets replaced by an 'A. Ridgeway' in a couple of progs time. Nobody knows who that is, but I strongly suspect that it's 'Tom Tully under extremely close supervision so that this sports strip doesn't get the comic pulled' following the astonishingly gruesome death of the doctor character.  It was, after all, a Tom Tully sports strip (football tale 'Look out for Lefty!') that was directly responsible for the demise of Action, not to mention Inferno nearly killing the prog in 1978.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Steve Green

Inferno had already been cut short/censored, maybe he was on a last chance?

Could ask Steve MacManus...

The Monarch

we love you guys and you truly do need a rest to recharge the thrill circuits

a lot of serious things coming so maybe the rest is a good timing :lol:

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling seventy-fifth episode Fox and Conrad take a break from reviewing weekly progs to reminisce on the whole of 2000 AD comics for the year 1981. It's a chance to reflect, review, and give out awards! Welcome to the 1981 Spinnies! At the end of every chronological year in our prog timeline we'll give out awards to the storylines and thrills we liked best over the last year. After this episode we're going to take the rest of the year off from releasing podcasts, but rest assured podcast PRODUCTION continues for the rest of the year and onward forever! I'll put out collection episodes over the next few weeks, so you won't forget us :D It's been an amazing year, and here's to many more!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 17 November, 2017, 06:18:33 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 17 November, 2017, 05:09:16 PM
Dudes - the Daily Dredds - 'not missing much'...!?!  :o

You DEFINITELY need to get your hands on a copy of volume one and review it!

Lol, at least in terms of storyline effects on the main progs. There's so much stuff that's either part of or adjacent to the 2000AD canon that at some point you've got to prioritize some parts. I'm definitely going to check out the daily Dredds, but unfortunately we definitely don't have time to cover them as part of our regular Space Spinner coverage :(

Not even under your 'collections' podcasts?  I'm sure we'd all love to hear your and Fox's take on these wee stories, and how they flesh out MC1.

Anyway, no matter if you can't - what you're both doing already is very entertaining.  I cannot wait to hear Fox's reaction to the next Dredd epic...   :D

Colin YNWA

Hey chaps enjoy the well earned break. Half way through the latest Spinnies and have to say it emphasizes everything that's great about the podcast. Behind the joyous enthusiasm and great humour there's some superb analysis and fresh insightful perspecitive unjaded like some of us longer term readers.

Can't wait to have ya back, but take the time ya need.