Main Menu

Started by James, 24 March, 2003, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

7:20am

Postie drops off new prog. Haven't read it all yet, but just getting the early gloat in.

Quick point. Dredd's helmet is officially welded to his head.

Later.

James

paulvonscott

I have not recieved it yet.  I suspect it's punishment for writing off VC's last week.

DavidXBrunt

Got it, and it is good.

SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
(In the 'Third Man' Harry Lime isn't dead!)
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!

Cover - not so keen on this one. Don't really like it at all, in fact. Nowt wrong with the drawing, it's just very generic and bright and doesn't reflect the contents at all.

Dredd - Gearing up to conclusion, like the use of Rad Waggons to attack the aliens, good to see Giant being shown to be so competant and resourcefull. Shame to see Bones go down so quickly. I quite liked the idea of an old fashioned villain with mad schemes and hasty escapes at the first sign of danger.

Cabalistics - It was over before it began. Nice bit of info on what's going on. Very Hitchcockian thing of letting us know more than the characters, which should make future stories interesting. Glad there's not long to wait before they return. I'm increasingly impressed by the art on this tale.

V.C.'s - Redeems itself? I really liked this weeks, which builds on what has gone before and ties some story threads together. Looks like the rest of this series will have a narrative focus. Finally twigged what the art reminds me of - the brilliant 'King of the Hill'.

Telguuth - Okay stuff. Now lets see a real surprise and the innocent party escape danger.

Atavar II - Still surprised how enjoyable this is. Looks great and the story takes an interesting curve this week. The scale of the action looks to have been reduced as well, with a lone man exploring a planet, which will make a change from the huge scale of the story so far.

Letter Cols back as well, and loads of fun. Lots of info about the future which always helps stir up interest.

My, but I have gone on. Sorry. One word reviews next week to make up for it.

fugitive

Oooh, my first subscription copy!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

(Like you couldn't guess)

Dredd: Quite enjoying this so far, are we to assume Dredd and Sanchez have both been impregnated already?

Caballistics : Mystical tales like this have never really appealled to me and I don't think Caballistics is going to make me change my mind. That said, it seems all we've seen so far is the set-up for the proper story, so it looks like it can only get better.
And how do you pronounce Ravne anyway?

VCs : Not enjoying this much either. The characters remain rather undeveloped (dare I say cliched) although it looks as if the plot is begining to pick up.

Telguuth: Semi-naked, busty females... check! Evil demons... check! Wizards just asking to meet a horrible end... check! Strange, unpronouncable names.. check!
Looks like a normal day on Telguuth then.

Atavar : This is looking better and better although the space battles seem to be lacking completely in tension or action. Interested to see where the plot heading.

Sadly enough, the part of this prog to get me most excited was the preview for Revenge of the Chief Judge's Man. With this and the Trial of Orlock, Dredd should be a high for the foreseeable future.

DavidXBrunt

Re - pronunciation of Ravne. Chapter, I think, referred to him as 'Ravenous' at one point in 'Going Underground' so I've been taking that as a cue and assumed that his name was pronounced 'Rah-ven', as in the first two syllables of Revenous.

Usually wrong about these things though.

Tu-plang

I assumed it was Ravne as in Rav-Nay?

petemaskreplica

nice cover, and looking forward to Revenge of the Chief Judge's Man.

Dredd continues the form. Bones is a bit camp, isn't he? And I was very impressed that Dredd managed to keep his helmet on despite being upside down for the entire episode.

Caballistics: Bah! As soon as it's started, it's finished again. Still, not too long a wait for the return, can we hope this'll be a longer run?

V.C.s a great improvement on last week, looks like it's going somewhere. But it's not going to get very far if there's only a couple of episodes left, is it?

Telguuth was fun again. The last line made me chuckle.

Atavar continues to grow on me, I'm now rather glad there's going to be a 3rd series

and there's a letter from someone called Slaine. No, really.

Jared Katooie

Argh! No!

Too little spoiler space...

Wils

I read it as Rav-nee, but I'm probably waaay off the mark. At a guess, it's an eastern European/Slavic word so it could be pronounced 'onions' for all I know.

zenithman

JD vs A is getting better. good to see another great story waiting in the wings after orlok!http://www.2000adonline.com/images/icons/mongrolhead.ico">

Jared Katooie

"JD vs A is getting better."

Wow. Still? I love this story!

paulvonscott

let's hope it arrives lucky Tuesday!

Oddboy

SPOILERS

Cover - scores 5 for 'random Dredd cover'.
Nerve Centre - YAYAYAY Revenge of the Chief Judge's Man!

Dredd - Yes, Dredd & Sanchez are both up the duff ("Remember, you're hanging there for two now!" - he's not talking about minutes) - Good stuff, but I'd've liked Bones to escape to kill judges another day...

Cab Inc - still brilliant, but too short!  Hope this won't fall into the trap of having Ms Simmonds warp-out at the end of every story to kill the beasty & leave the rest of them wondering how she did it though (let's just say a pattern is emerging...)  COME BACK SOON!

The VC's & Atavar - both getting my interest back, good top adventure fun

It's 3am, I'm on the corner reading Telguuth an' I'm like yeh whatever.

Input - A Welsh girl called Sl?ine?  Stranger things have happened...

Yummy 2000AD.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Capt.Zeep

Frivolous fact:  I enjoyed reading my prog al fresco today and the lovely sunny sun didn't half bring out the colours.  The whole thing practically jumped up and pleastered itself on my retinae. :)

SPOILERS

I'm afraid I found this week's dredd a bit silly and unbelievable.  Fifty tons of rockcrete's not that much really, spread over any sort of largish area.  Aliens too soft.  Bah!  Dredd up duff possibly nice twist however, how the hell's he gonna etc., and artwork a joy as usual.

Caballistics, yep I really like this.  Did Ravne (pr.  rrrrrraaav...NI!) cheekily scoff the strange mummified corpse of the Great Beast?!  Looks that way to me...  the whole thing should have a Delia Derbyshire soundtrack.  Class!

VCs I continue to enjoy, though can't help playing spot the photo now!  The artwork of the characters is pretty fine though, just look at pages 2&3 of the strip..pretty classy I'd say.    Was wondering when we'd run into Jupe again...

Telguuth I liked, especially the "boring place like this" bit:  "All must die in pain who do not worship Tiglog".  Aww it's a laugh, a chuckle, a titter anyway.

And Atavar, good too. Some background on the Binod Union, Galactic history lesson, and exploding spaceships.  Great.

A good prog.  Thumbs up!  Hey no mobile ads either.  Double good!

Bolt-01

Stonking through and through!

rotts.

I was right about this weeks dredd too (mostly)