Main Menu

...WHAT SHOULD I READ?...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 26 June, 2004, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...hi everyone, i have a lovely week away from work and was wondering what out of my 2000ad collection i should reread, normaly i would think of things myself but thought it would be fun to see what some of you dudes threw up, i have a complete collection, so having an item is not a problem, so over to you...

Devons Daddy

the final robusters tales. i recieved them as a prize from a board member recently.

very very good, top tale, great art and excellent cliff hanger before the showdown.

hammerstein leading the volunteer droids on a suicide mission to save the others.

classic dialouge.
along the lines of you got five hands and a shovel matey.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dounreay

Hmmm...Let's see.

The original ABC warriors tale I think, Zenith for sure, Metalzoic, some early  Nemesis the Warlock, Skizz and Halo Jones should do it.

Don't forget to get in the hob-nobs and a good supply of tea bags.

ARRISARRIS

...All very good suggestions, and some of my fav's form the early days, can i have a bottle of Dr Pepper with my Hob-Nobs instead?...

James

Definately Zenith all the way through in one sitting.

Byron Virgo

Robo-Hunter (Verdus or Day of the Droids)

Halo Jones

Ro-Busters (Hammerstein's War Memories or Rise and Fall of Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein)

ABC Warriors (Mars)

Button Man

Strontium Dog (The Schicklegruber Grab or The Game)

Nemesis (Books I-VI)

Any Brendan McCarthy Dredd

frazer

I'd suggest reading something that you previously hated or skimmed through.

F

Byron Virgo

Why would you want to read something you hated?

I hated Quadrephenia when I first heard it, but then I later came to love it.

Oh, no, wait a minute...

Erm...

Oddboy

Zenith, natch.

Tribal Memories I'd recommend.

Also - I read From Grace again this weekend, bloody good it is.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Rio De Fideldo

All the Alan Moore stories from Robo Tales,Future Shocks, Twisted Times, to Skizz, DR & Quinch, Halo Jones, via the Robusters, Rogue Trooper & ABC Warriors he wrote for annuals.

Dunk!

Don't pick a specific story, rather a period that you remember for whatever reason - good or bad.

Pick a prog, and start reading.

This usually leads to aimless wandering through your collection as your reading prompts you to rememer other stories from other periods and go looking for them. It also means there's more chance you'll stumble across something more off the beaten track, away from the obvious classics and therefore more fresh to read.
"Trust we"

Floyd-the-k

I second Frazer`s suggestion. I`m a compulsive rereader and I often find myself enjoying and appreciating stories that left me flat the first time around

judgejampot

d.r and quinch,

and that fraser irving recent one, 'storming heaven'. also 'from grace'. or 'a love like blood'. I'm going to be reading all my 150 progs i have got via subs sice i started collecting THREE YEARS AGO! in the summer hols. Ho Hum? No. Much more exigeant, a mon avis!

Cockles!

VampiraJen

I second Frazer`s suggestion. I`m a compulsive rereader and I often find myself enjoying and appreciating stories that left me flat the first time around

so hows that reread of synammyn* going?

*grumblegrumblehowdoyouspellitagain?grumblegrumble

thinky

Tribal Memories I'd recommend

bloody good it was too - that reminds me, it's about time i went and gave it (and some other oldies) some ratings

thinky

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=TRIBAL" target="_blank">tribal memories

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/character/tribal.jpg">
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk