Main Menu

Prog 2108 - Germ Warfare

Started by Magnetica, 17 November, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

The Small House moves towards the end game. As has been the norm with this particular story, there is another shock towards the end of this episode and [spoiler]fans of Dirty Frank might want to look away.[/spoiler]

Skip Tracer wraps up and will return. For me it's an ok thrill, but is over shadowed by what else is in the Prog.

Brink has an even more talky episode than usual, if that is possible. And as with Dredd ,things come to ahead at the end of the episode. As others had speculated [spoiler]Curtis had been trailed and now that is going to come home to roost. [/spoiler]

Infestinauts is not my sort of thing. Its ok, but not sure I bother with a re-read.

Never thought I would say it, but I found Kingdom a little disappointing. The nuke from the end of last week's episode seems somehow incidental; surely it should have more of an impact?

Richard

Well we've still to see the impact on Lizzee Sower and Pause. In the meantime we still get to enjoy the spectacle of Gene cutting someone in half at the waist with a huge axe. That worked for me.

Can't see how The Small House can really wrap everything up in one more episode, so this must be going to be followed up with another story soon.

Colin YNWA

Well the Prog continues to delight.

Dredd - I think we'll have some twists and turns in the final part next week (I've avoid the post on Facebook (I think it was?) by Rob Williams) and his episode just seems to crack the tension and intrigue to 11. Thrilling stuff and I doubt we're seen the last of [spoiler]Frank[/spoiler] I call it side shot, Dredd's new equivalent to the shoulder shot in Sinister Dexter!

Skip Tracer - I think this ended fantastically and this story has completely flipped my thoughts on this series. I was completely unfussed about its return after last time. This time very happy to have it back. Very interesting the way Tharg seems to be trying something new with the scheduling with this in once again returning very quickly. That will mean three stories in under a year and I think that's a very healthy way to do things. Well especially now I'm engaged with the series at least!

Brink - Brilliant as ever as the net seems to trap Bridget. This series is a superb lesson in the importance of colour in terming tone and atmosphere. The red in the first half of this episode really emphasising that as brought home how close and dangerous the investigation is.

3riller - Infestinauts was a fun interlude and I'd be happy to see it back... even if that means more hairy butts and ballsacks!

Kingdom - have to disagree with Magnetica I thought the scale and impact of last weeks explosive conclusion was really well handled. Not sure what else could be done without blowing up Gene and that was never going to happen (hence no spoiler tag!). Elson's art really made the world spin and again the tension is really ranking up as this one heads to a thrilling end.

Still top stuff - well done all concerned.

Jacqusie

I hope the thing that appeared to happen at the end of Dredd, wasn't really that thing and didn't actually happen... and they all live happily ever after.

Sterling work form Rob Williams and Henry Flint, this has been a real slow burner, and having just finished reading Trifecta again, some of it actually now starts to make sense... which is nice  :)

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Grumpy out of proportion that I've not had my subscription prog on a Saturday for months.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Oh and I should say I love the cover too. So fun and full of energy. Not sure it will ping off the news stands alas, but when in hand its just great.

broodblik

As you say Colin the cover has a nice and fun feel to it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Prog arrived today. Fantastic stuff. I don't know what else to say, other than to note that we've had a fantastic run of stories featuring nothing from the first-generation (or, arguably, the second generation depending on where we draw the line) writers and that has to speak well for the future of the title.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Yes but what about that I on the cover Jim?
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

I'm loving the whole Dredd thing just now, and I read it as Smiley intercepted the defectors and got the info before anyone else could, and used it to his own advantage, so his betrayal of the city goes way back...

Also his contempt for the Clone Dredd is refreshing, (if obviously flawed) Roll on next week!!  :D

Everything else top notch.
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

Another great prog with Dredd again the highlight. 

Brink and Kingdom are still as great as ever.

Infestinauts, it was better than I thought it would be

Skip Tracer was one of the new stories I liked from the beginning and this story-line had a satisfactory ending

broodblik

It is difficult to see how Dredd will be able to wrap up in one episode

Tiplodocus

I right enjoyed that. Great art, letters, colours and writing throughout. Not a duff thrill in sight.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

wedgeski

Quote from: broodblik on 21 November, 2018, 05:18:28 AM
It is difficult to see how Dredd will be able to wrap up in one episode
We already know there will be an epilogue, so...