Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 November, 2019, 11:28:45 AM
Today marks the 30th anniversary of me finally losing my virginity, as Prog 650's John Higgins Dredd watched aghast from the bedside table of a grungy attic room in Bournemouth.

You've just ruined 'The Shooting Match' for me forever.

TordelBack

Turns out I was fastest on the draw. Accuracy not so much.

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 November, 2019, 11:28:45 AM
Today marks the 30th anniversary of me finally losing my virginity, as Prog 650's John Higgins Dredd watched aghast from the bedside table of a grungy attic room in Bournemouth. While the occasion wasn't particularly earth-shattering for either participant, we did improve over time. The prog however has seldom been bettered.

that's not what is meant by Thread-jacking
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Its what the RAF is for!
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Commando's 50p per issue if you subscribe:  https://www.commandocomics.com/

Proudhuff

Quote from: Frank on 10 November, 2019, 07:30:38 PM

Ian Kennedy's Instagram account has some great Commando covers and a nice Dredd or two too
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Quote from: Frank on 10 November, 2019, 07:30:38 PM

Bloody hell, that's a great deal!

JayzusB.Christ

When the Famous Five called each other 'fathead', my brother didn't recognise it as a compound word and used to pronounce the first part like the 'fath' in 'father', and the second like the 'ead' in 'bead'.

Nowadays, when I reread (usually Ennis) Dredd calling people 'meathead', I can't help myself pronouncing it in a similar fashion. It sounds ridiculous either way up - did Wagner Dredd ever call someone a meathead (or me-theed)?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Hie thee to the I'm Sorry I haven't a Prog th' red and start anot her game, you thostel...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2019, 09:04:37 AM
Nowadays, when I reread (usually Ennis) Dredd calling people 'meathead', I can't help myself pronouncing it in a similar fashion. It sounds ridiculous either way up - did Wagner Dredd ever call someone a meathead (or me-theed)?

Off the top of my head, there's this classic exchange with a vigilante:

Dredd's response: Meathead! You're doin' thirty!
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Tobermory Tatties, with a free gift?   :o
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 November, 2019, 01:39:52 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 November, 2019, 09:04:37 AM

Off the top of my head, there's this classic exchange with a vigilante:

Dredd's response: Meathead! You're doin' thirty!

Fair enough. I just hated Garth's Dredd dialogue - he seemed to take a few things Wagner Dredd said once or twice and repeat them ad nauseum - all 'swell', 'lousy', and 'doughball' till it just sounded weird.

Funnily enough, I thought he'd really improved on the dialogue front in Monkey on my Back and Helter Skelter. Say what you like about the stories but Dredd definitely sounded like Dredd.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Modern Panther

People can complain about fracking all they like, but have they considered that maybe those earthquakes are being caused by something else.  Angry gods for example.  Or stampeding buffallo.

I'm not saying its definately the gods and buffalloes, but we can't immediately discount them without proper evidence.