Main Menu

Warlord Stront game!

Started by TordelBack, 14 December, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

sheridan

Quote from: Swerty on 10 September, 2018, 10:38:41 PM
Which delivery company?
DPD - completely unrelated to the order I've recently experienced, they collected an item to be returned, there first action being to take off the return label and replace it with their own, so it got taken to a third party warehouse completely unrelated to the delivery company and the company the item was supposed to be returned to, where it languished for a few days until someone could figure out what the item was and what it was doing there.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 10 September, 2018, 11:26:22 PM
Quote from: Swerty on 10 September, 2018, 10:38:41 PM
Which delivery company?
DPD - completely unrelated to the order I've recently experienced, they collected an item to be returned, there first action being to take off the return label and replace it with their own, so it got taken to a third party warehouse completely unrelated to the delivery company and the company the item was supposed to be returned to, where it languished for a few days until someone could figure out what the item was and what it was doing there.

Probably not explaining just how incompetent they are because I'm really tired and want to have a rant about them before falling asleep!

Rogue Judge

Thanks for posting more pictures Leigh, I'll definitely need them for reference!

I plan to setup a diorama of the characters in a shadow box and hang it on the wall.

sheridan

p.s. couldn't access the Warlord Games site when I posted my question, but it seems to be back up again.  Royal Mail, apparently.

Rogue Judge

I finally bought the starter kit at a local game shop (which came with a free bonus Johnny Electro-nux!) - I didn't realize the figures were so sneckn' small!

I have never painted minis before - can anyone point me to a good source of info? I need to find out what kind of paint/brushes/techniques etc to use. Also, what kind of glue is required to connect their guns/hands and glue the figures to the plastic bases? Sorry for all the questions, I'm really looking forward to this!

Cheers

TordelBack

YouTube is the place to go.  There are billions of mini painting channels, the real trick is to find a spode whose voice doesn't provoke homicidal thoughts. 

I've found this guy to be extremely clear on the absolute basics, as he comes more from a craft background. Captain Atom on the Tabletop Minions channel is good too,  although he doesn't half drone on.

Rogue Judge

Thanks Tordelback - I searched youtube before and got bombarded with too many options. I'll check out this channel to get started. Cheers

Leigh S

Bolt-01

TordelBack

Well sneck me,  Leigh!  What recipe are you using for those fabulous oranges?

Trooper McFad

Those look superb - just have to find the time to start on mine, although the long dark winter nights will soon be here with nout on the telly i should get a good kick at the ba.
Just got a delivery of the bad boys, scum of the universe and Jonny & Wulf on the morks & they are quality pieces. (can't wait to see your results with the Mork riders Leigh keep on inspiring is amateurs 👍🏻)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Cheers, chaps!

Tordels - the orange is a very old pot of Citadel Blazing Orange washed with newer GW wash Fuegan Orange - took a few coats of the Blazing Orange to get it that orangey!

Trooper - I can't wait to get to the Morks either, but there's a line of primed SD Agents/Dervish Dogs/Goons/Howlers blocking my path! :)  And the Kansyr mini looks so much more impressive in the flesh ("Blaster to Flesh!") that he has jumped the queue too!

sheridan

Mine came through!  Had been vacilating but was inspired by how closely the minis had been inspired by Carlos' work.