Main Menu

Wake: I'm having trouble in script test

Started by Tiplodocus, 27 November, 2002, 03:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Wake,

I'm having trouble posting a script to scipt test. It keeps coming up with

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[backslash]"' in /home/www/2000adonline/functions/subscript.php3 on line 26

I can't see anything obvious in the stuff I've attempted to post? Can I send it to you and see if you can get it to post?

Oh and can you make the plot interesting, tidy up the dialogue, add some sub-text, make it tragic, comic and generally not crap as well?

cheers
Mister Tips
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Wake

Try again now. I made a change earlier in the day and left a stray character in the code by accident.

Wake

paulvonscott

If it was Mek-Quake, that would explain a lot.

Tiplodocus

Wake,

it's now coming up with...
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/www/2000adonline/functions/subscript.php3 on line 29

cheers
Mister Tips

Wake

This time the problem was missing semi-colons. It's not easy getting this stuff right first time, and I can't check the page myself without it sending an email to scriptdroids.

Wake

Tiplodocus

Not to worry.  I'm a programmer myself (not this curly bracketted PC nonsense though, good old mainframe stuff) and I hate it when people go "Haven't you tested it?" proving that they know nothing about complex software...

Tiplodocus

My enthusiasm for the last JDUGE DREDD WEREWOLF tale (OUT OF THE UNDERCITY) got me thinking about what direction a sequel would take.  Unable to second guess the brilliance of Mister Wagner, I came up (with the help of Vinne who sits next to me at work) with a few ideas and knocked them up in a script.

Part One is now avaialble for your delictation and delight in the scripttest section of the site.

I'd welcome any comments as it's my first go at scripting a longer tale (six parts - I'll put one up every couple of weeks if people remain interested).

I'm looking forward to your feedback (positive and negative).  I realise I'm on a slippery slope here - after all - this is how HE (S****) started (sticking unofficial scripts up etc.) but I would stress that I am doing this in the hope that:
a) I learn something and
b) you lot get a bit of entertainment.

Hope you make it to the end of part one and I look forward to any comments.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=submissions&page=scripttest&choice=15&Field=ID" target="_blank">JUDGE DREDD: MOON IN THE UNDERCITY

Tiplodocus

Wake - it's all sorted now. Thanks for your prompt action. I think that's two pints I need to buy you at DREDDCON.