Started by Link Prime, 13 August, 2019, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 August, 2019, 05:18:29 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 16 August, 2019, 01:16:17 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 August, 2019, 12:53:06 PM
...Your defense smells of poo.

HA! BRILLIANT.

Okay now this is getting ridiculous. I promise this meant to be an arrogant self quote with me saying 'Brilliant' to my own post. I was meant to be saying BRILLIANT! to the picture from Link Prime, but it didn't copy across in the quote???

Sigh my typos now include missing out whole pictures, not just letters and words!

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 15 August, 2019, 04:09:46 PM
I was tempted to say Red Dwarf but couldn't decide where the cut off point should be. If I was being really harsh I'd say after series 2. I really like those early low budget pre Kryten episodes (Thanks for the Memory is probably my favourite episode). Series 3-5 are still really good throughout, then it hit a bit of a downward slide. I've really enjoyed the later series on Dave though. It's still the best TV sci fi comedy by miles (let's forget Hyperdrive ever happened).

I remember when the titles to series three aired that it wasn't as good as the first two series - still watcheable, but everything that has come after is just not as good.  Having said that, the last series I watched was better than the ones that had immediatley preceded it.  I'd still watch every episode in a marathon (including Can't Smeg Won't Smeg).

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 15 August, 2019, 04:09:46 PM
It's still the best TV sci fi comedy by miles (let's forget Hyperdrive ever happened).

p.s. hey, I liked Hyperdrive!

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 15 August, 2019, 07:21:10 PM
I'm wondering how many revivals do work. Would Outnumbered count? Although that's only had one new episode since they finished the fifth series. (Also, rarely, that to my mind is a show that was consistently solid throughout.)

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?  Though I'm not sure if it counts as a revival - how long was the gap between that and The Likely Lads.

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 August, 2019, 03:23:33 PM
The Bible, Genesis: a mad opening and then it just drags on and on.  Parable after parable, letter after letter - and that whole New Testament is just flogging a crucified savior.

Revelations had it's moments - it's just there's a few books in betwee that aren't much cop!

Tjm86

Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 August, 2019, 04:00:14 AM

Read enough A Song of Ice and Fire books ....

I seem to recall talk of a prize draw for anyone who could stay awake past the first book.  I've hung on to the copy I tried for the next time I get a bout of insomnia ...

[Having incited the Harry's Inquisition with my views on the works of J.K. Rowling, now to double down with the current fantasy bette-noir ...]

GrudgeJohnDeed

Starship Troopers - The first film is one my all-time favourites and it's been dross all the way down ever since

Critters 2 - Loved the first 2 then it drops off a cliff

Halloween 3 - Halloween 2 isn't great but if it had ended with 2, we wouldn't have got 3

Once upon a time I would've said Red Dwarf should've definitely ended with series 6 but they've got better recently...

Definitely agree with Tordelback that Predator 2 is great "You can't see the eyes of the demon, until 'im come callin..". I like Robocop 2 too, neither are as good as their predecessor but great fun all the same. Fingers crossed the new Robocop is any cop (heyooo), I know Blomkamp just exited it I just don't know if that's a good thing

I would like a sequel to Serial Mom.

strontium71

There should be a rival thread to this one: 'It shoulda carried on with...'
...because I hate you.

Dash Decent

Is this thread still going?  It shoulda ended with post no. 1.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 18 August, 2019, 12:07:26 AMStarship Troopers - The first film is one my all-time favourites and it's been dross all the way down ever since
Fortunately, like Donnie Darko, there is only one Starship Troopers film. It would have been horrible had they shat out a pointless low-budget sequel.

TordelBack

I'm still having trouble believing there's a sequel to Donnie Darko.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 August, 2019, 11:36:53 AMI'm still having trouble believing there's a sequel to Donnie Darko.
Well, there isn't. There's a director's cut, but there most definitely totally isn't a sequel. (Related: please do not go looking for "Donnie Darko sequel" on the internet.)

sheridan

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 18 August, 2019, 12:07:26 AM
Critters 2 - Loved the first 2 then it drops off a cliff
Not a fan of Leonardo di Caprio then?

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2019, 10:59:13 AM
Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 18 August, 2019, 12:07:26 AMStarship Troopers - The first film is one my all-time favourites and it's been dross all the way down ever since
Fortunately, like Donnie Darko, there is only one Starship Troopers film. It would have been horrible had they shat out a pointless low-budget sequel.

The ur-example of low-budget sequels to fondly remembered films: Never Ending Story :-)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2019, 11:46:44 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 18 August, 2019, 11:36:53 AMI'm still having trouble believing there's a sequel to Donnie Darko.
Well, there isn't. There's a director's cut, but there most definitely totally isn't a sequel. (Related: please do not go looking for "Donnie Darko sequel" on the internet.)

Wow I never knew there was a sequel to Donnie Darko. How it that sneek out. I almost want to watch this out of morbid curiousity?.... Almost...