Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Angelino

Quote from: Goaty on 05 June, 2017, 02:30:39 PM
Over police cuts.

Its worth listening to Nick Ferrari's interview with Diane Abbott though (if you haven't already) to hear Labour's view on policing. 

IndigoPrime

I shudder to think. Or is it a rare 'not car crash' interview with her?

Tony Angelino

Its the one from a few weeks ago. Apologies if you thought it was a new interview with Diane Abbott. I'm a bit behind the times so you've maybe already heard it or read the transcript.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/diane-abbotts-agonising-interview-over-policy-cost/

Tjm86

Diane Abbot's meltdown on national media was an impressive performance.  Why the hell she felt the need to get into figures is beyond me but I guess coming from the back foot it was needed on one level.  As for May being copulated, as much as it would be incredibly satisfying I don't think she is there yet, just bloody close.  The whole election campaign has turned into a shambles and a half for the Tories but I don't think they've done enough to lose it completely.  Of course I could be wrong.  Part of me almost wishes it on the Tories because if they follow through on their instincts with Brexit  then it is likely to do them irreparable damage.  Unfortunately that will be because of the damage that they have done to the country that is going to relegate us to a status below that of your average banana republic.

Professor Bear

MP talks about bolstering police numbers days before a terror attack caused by low police numbers and what we take away is that she fudged a zero.

Old Tankie

I thought the terrorist attack was caused by the terrorists.

Goaty

Quote from: Old Tankie on 05 June, 2017, 07:28:15 PM

Now you are trolled this!

Jim_Campbell

I would respectfully suggest that, whilst this is unquestionably true, when the police tell you that cutting their numbers materially impairs their ability to prevent terrorist attacks, and then you have three attacks in three months, one of them in the city whose police specifically told you that the cuts were endangering the public, you are culpably negligent for ignoring those warnings.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 June, 2017, 06:41:37 PM
As for May being copulated, as much as it would be incredibly satisfying...

:o Too much information, old chap!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tony Angelino

Quote from: Professor Bear on 05 June, 2017, 07:22:08 PM
MP talks about bolstering police numbers days before a terror attack caused by low police numbers and what we take away is that she fudged a zero.

I think most people who listened to that interview with Diane Abbott thought it was much more than fudging a zero.  It was probably the worst interview I have ever heard a politician give.

I also don't agree that terror attacks are caused by low police numbers. 

Modern Panther

You don't think that having 20,000 less police officers means that police are less able to gather intelligence, less able to maintain a community presence, less able to investigate reports of suspicious behaviour? 

Never mind, we can always blame Facebook. 

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Modern Panther on 05 June, 2017, 08:12:54 PM
Never mind, we can always blame Facebook.
Yeah May utilizing the other nights attack to push her policing of the internet agenda is incredibly squeaky, ESPECIALLY considering how often it's been proven to be a near impossible task (Private servers, Dark Net involvement etc).

Professor Bear

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 June, 2017, 07:41:36 PM

I would respectfully suggest that, whilst this is unquestionably true, when the police tell you that cutting their numbers materially impairs their ability to prevent terrorist attacks, and then you have three attacks in three months, one of them in the city whose police specifically told you that the cuts were endangering the public, you are culpably negligent for ignoring those warnings.

His ignoring the obvious point of the post in favor of pedantry kind of made my point for me, tho.

Old Tankie

You said the terrorist attack was caused by low police numbers, I disagree.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Old Tankie on 05 June, 2017, 08:51:01 PM
You said the terrorist attack was caused by low police numbers, I disagree.

I've tried to give youn the benefit of the doubt over the years but your vile, willfully misleading posts mean you are now on my igbnore list (out of all the people we've had on this board, you are unique in this).

and  don't give me that shit about typing short posts because you're disabled - you can be short and make a useful contribution, or short and be a trolling twat and you've finally crosssd the line