Main Menu

Greatest childrens tv show of the eighties?

Started by Devons Daddy, 31 January, 2003, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

ThryllSeekyr

At first I had no idea what shows or show yous were talking about until I looked up 'Children of the Stones'

Anyway, I actually do recall seeing this very episode whilst very young. Strange, I do remember this part where the young boy eating a chocalate bar as he's being driven throught the country side amongst all the stone monoliths.

Does'nt he end up having seisure and passing out or just callapsing when making contact with one of the stones as the story had progresssed.

Don't touch the stones.

Sadly that all I remember but it's a coinincidence that I find it here on you-tube. I'm not sure if there are more of them to watch. It's seems more interesting to watch now as I found it alittle creepy back then.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_AeWCherM" target="_blank">Children of the Stones.

ThryllSeekyr

Whiel, it's not much of kid television show ( I do recall being sent to bed every time this show came on late at night.) and it was more of seventies showwhich died out before the eighties.

I was thinking of the Australain character from the 'The Adventure Game show' that was mentioned earlier and thought he reminded me of a half- baked version of Paul Hogan. Who alot of you, may him know from the 'Crocodile Dundee' films made in America and and Australia. Which is how I think Paul Hogan broke out into the international market and he doesn't even live in Australia anymore.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_C9GOhpFtI" target="_blank">There should be more of these on You-tube

I, Cosh

aul Hogan. Who alot of you, may him know from the 'Crocodile Dundee' films made in America and and Australia.

Useless fact. The Paul Hogan Show (or whatever it was called: basically it was a sketch show starring Paul Hogan) was one of the pillars of Friday night entertainment in the early days of Channel 4 over here.) I remember finding it pretty funny at the age of ten or twelve. I assume this means it was very crude.
We never really die.

House of Usher

For a discussion of childrens TV shows of the eighties, there are an awful lot of 1960s and 1970s shows being mentioned.

The golden era of children's television, you see? By comparison, the 1980s was a barren decade that only produced cartoons that served to sell action figures of He-Men and Ninja Turtles.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

For a discussion of childrens TV shows of the eighties, there are an awful lot of 1960s and 1970s shows being mentioned.

The golden era of children's television, you see? By comparison, the 1980s was a barren decade that only produced cartoons that served to sell action figures of He-Men and Ninja Turtles.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

It might have sounded less pompous if I hadn't said it twice.
STRIKE !!!

paulvonscott

HoU, could you send me an e-mail at paulvonscott@yahoo.co.uk.  Cheers.  Paul