Main Menu

Meg 236: Can't Get You Out of My Head

Started by Trout, 22 August, 2005, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

This fish shamelessly blags the Meg review thread, despite having read almost none of it!

However, it looks like a damn nice package!

I'm particularly intruiged by the Desperate Dan feature, which is a really good idea.
I also happen to know a few of the interviewees. :-)

I'm very much looking forward to relaxing with a splendid Meg during my lunchbreak.

- Trout

Dark Jimbo

Having currently read even less than you, oh piscine one, (i.e. none of it) I would neverthless like to follow suit and blag the second post on the Meg review thread.

Mwa ha ha ha ha!
@jamesfeistdraws

Bad Andy

Sorry, but is that the worst Anderson cover ever? Actually I am being a little harsh on the artist but the (necessary) straps all over it make me dislike it a lot.

However inside IS the worst panel ever in Judge Dredd. Bottom of the second page is Ridgeway's computer art merging with line drawing's nadir. I could do better than that and I'm shit.

But as the credits say that Simon Spurrier is guilty of the art(?) maybe that explains it all!

As for the story, while its rough around the edges, it introduces a whole new interesting department that will have a lot of potential.

Incidentally - Subs appear to be saving money now. Tooth and meg IN THE SAME ENVELOPE! How it managed to contain the thrills I have no idea.

Trout

I only got a Meg. Bugger!

On the cover, I'm not so keen either. That's a shame, as I usually love Dave Taylor's work, and hope to encounter him at Moniaive next week!

Bit of an off day, maybe.

- Trout

paulvonscott

And I only got a prog.

What a contrary world we live in.

Funt Solo

My Meg is most likely sitting comfortably at home just underneath the letterbox, wistfully whiling away the hours in the comfort of it's envelope before I go home at 5pm to read it.

So, I'm shamelessly joining in on the thread about the Meg that nobody's read.

(Note to self:  must resist temptation to read Meg spoiler threads before I have my hands on the Meg in question.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Artificial Idiot

Hey, at least you people got progs and megs! You lucky swine!

Max Kon

petesbeats

Got both the tooth and the meg but in seperate envelopes.  I'll read the Meg this afternoon and give my thoughts!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Trout

It's the Simon Spurrier edition!

I really enjoyed the first Meg story, although I'm kind of going off Ridgway's quite static art, and I liked the Jack Point stuff more than usual, with the various plot threads all paying off nicely.

What a nice, though short, lunchbreak.

- Trout

Funt Solo

MEG IN CRAP COVER SHOCKER!
Why is Aimee Nixon dressed up as Anderson, anyway?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

LARF

Oy, it's 4.30 you shouldn't be home yet how do you know what the cover looks like?

Funt Solo

lol - I couldn't resist, I went home at lunchtime.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

ukdane

Ah, a meg/tooth week, and with my tooth turning up late the last two weeks, I guess I can excpect this lot to arrive Wed/Thur- when my Birthday (next monday *ahem*) guests arrive- and then a new week'll start- so a new tooth. That'll mean two 2000s and a meg to read next week!
Cheers

-Daney