Main Menu

Prog 1805: Master of His Own Universe

Started by A.Cow, 13 October, 2012, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 October, 2012, 07:56:46 AM
I never know if the Prof is just Byah-baiting ... He's in a park because his cover is to be an immobilised, white painted war-droid as part of a Volgan War memorial in DC.

... and the second dialogue box on the first page makes it clear that he's been neuro-mechanically incapacitated, which is why he has to invoke Deadlock to counteract his hobbling programme. The Prof's no dummi-Byah, so I'm assuming he just meant the story wasn't engaging him; which is a pity, because I think this story has entertained me more than any Warriors story since Kev O'Neil's turn on the War Memoirs.

If you'd asked me beforehand, I'd have said the story of what happened to Hammerstein between Mars and Robusters needed telling about as much as another Savile abuse tabloid exposé, but this has been good fun. Stripping the material back to its basics seems to have engaged the part of Mills's brain that allows him to relate his esoteric ideas to the real world; and even though I sometimes find Clint Langley's work frustrating, the last panel of 1805's strip is an iconic image of the character.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 26 October, 2012, 07:32:43 PM...I think this story has entertained me more than any Warriors story since Kev O'Neil's turn on the War Memoirs.

Agreed. It's certainly the most fun I've had from ABC Warriors since 'Shadow Warriors', and it's probably the most coherent the strip's been since 'The Black Hole'. It also works surprisingly well as a fill-in-the-gaps story, and I've been reading a lot of RoBusters and early ABC Warriors at the moment with the Boy.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 October, 2012, 03:39:28 PMI was genuinely gutted to see Travis Perkins go to the great jungle in the sky.

This did strike me as jarringly brief "you shot my gorilla" or some such is no fitting eulogy for one of the most amazing apes in recent memory. The petition to have a proper farewell strip in Zarjaz starts here!

Goaty

Oh fuck me, it's really worth it to re-read this issue! Judge Smiley appears in Low-Life AND Simping Detective!!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 22 November, 2012, 07:24:12 PM
Oh fuck me, it's really worth it to re-read this issue! Judge Smiley appears in Low-Life AND Simping Detective!!
I'm prity sure in a few week's time we'll ALL be going back over The Cold Deck crossover to see where everything fit's in.