Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 November, 2013, 10:15:17 AM
Arrived this morning from the very talanted Mr Steve Yeowell.  I asked for a 'Zenith album cover' inspired by a classic album cover from my youth...

I was tempted to report this to the moderator for being too good!!

You were right abbout this being amazing!
It's a joke. I was joking.

blackmocco

Arrived this morning from the very talanted Mr Steve Yeowell.  I asked for a 'Zenith album cover' inspired by a classic album cover from my youth...

Oh sweet jesus...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ming

Turned out very nicely indeed, Mark!  Second best Zenith commission in the thread, no less!   ;)

hippynumber1

You wish!  :lol:

Prelim and pencils now added over on CAF...

Spikes

A super sweet Zenith commish, Mark. Big Congrats!
Mr Y has certainly created something very special on this, and Ming's. And nice choice of inspiration for the LP cover!  :thumbsup:

dark-spartan

Hi guys, Does anyone know if Brendan Mcarthy is open to commissions?  If so is there a simple way to contact him.  I've recently been getting some great commissions and would love one from him.

This is one from Ben Wilsher, he did a bang up job of my favorite ABC warrior - shown here for the first time. 

Spikes

Very nice that, dark-spartan. Ben's art has a wonderful energy to it, doesnt it.
(And hopefully my commission from him, will be landing some time soon).

ming

Quote from: dark-spartan on 15 November, 2013, 03:33:51 PM
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Brendan Mcarthy is open to commissions?  If so is there a simple way to contact him.  I've recently been getting some great commissions and would love one from him.

I don't thinks Brendan's that open to commissions to be honest.  The one he did for me a couple of years back* turned out to be the first he'd agreed to take on and I'm fairly sure he's not done any since then.  There's no public method for contacting him that I'm aware of (although he's on Facebook) but if you want me to drop him a line, send me a p.m.

* http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=857658

dark-spartan

My latest commission by the fantastic Mick McMahon.  Really great guy, fantastic to deal with and gave me an amazing piece of art

He also totally knew exactly what I was lookign for when I simply asked for "Dredd with a very, very large gun"

Enjoy

ming

That's one of my favourites from Mick's recent batch; really great stuff and it's nice to see Dredd enjoying himself!

blackmocco

Aye, that last batch are pretty super special. The Joe Pineapples he did is just astounding.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

hippynumber1

Mick's commissions are just stunning aren't they; I'm hoping for one myself someday...  :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: dark-spartan on 21 November, 2013, 12:12:17 PM
My latest commission by the fantastic Mick McMahon. 

Very nice. Perhaps my favourite of the new batch of Dredd's.

And im sure yours cant be that far behind Mark, now that there landing thick 'n' fast.......

Pete Wells

My Mean, I'm trying not to look at this too much so I can enjoy him when he arrives!

JOE SOAP