Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Ohhhh yes very nice. This would have made a good cover!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

I'm with Skullmo. This deserves to be a cover. It's fabulous and Willsher continues his run of form! Huge congrats!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: amines2058 on 09 April, 2014, 12:49:53 PM
I have also wondered how much these commissions cost as there are a few in my mind that I would love to get done, especially as it is my big 40 this year = cool gift for me!
My ultimate would be a bisley but I imagine these are beyond the realms of the normal man.  :o

I'm 40 this year, too, and have already explained to Mrs X that a commission would be a much more appropriate gift than a watch.
Lock up your spoons!

PopFenton

It got shared on social media already but just in case... I got this done at C2E2 last month.

8-Ball

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Graff Vynda K

For your consideration...Mr & Mrs DiGriz!

Montynero

Damn! :)

Now THAT was a story.

Frank

¡HOLA!  If I see another one of you post a commission that's better than anything Rey Carlos has drawn for the prog in a decade, I'm going to burst yez. STOP DISTRACTING HIM WITH LUCRATIVE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS!

congratulations, obviously, Graff - that's an incredible bit of work. I guess there's no secret to how to get the best out of Carlos - it's pretty obvious where his interests lie, and what gets him really excited

Spikes

Congrats Graff, that's a simply stunning commission from King Carlos.

He's just getting better, and better at these, isn't he.

hippynumber1

Absolutely superb! Carlos hits another one for six!

Graff Vynda K

Quite honestly, I was blown away by this one. I knew he'd come up with something good, because, hey, he's Carlos, but this was above and beyond for me.

I'm not a big commissions guy, since it's the dynamism of the story on comics page that gets me; but look how he tells the story of this relationship in one 'panel'. I loved reading Harry Harrison and The Stainless Steel Rat books when I was kid, and I loved the 2000ad adaptation. And jeeez, I love this commission too. Ezquerra's a unique and absolute talent in comics. I'm not sure he gets enough general recognition for that...

Sauchie; I was pretty sure that the hadn't done a S Steel Rat Commission, plus I sent him a bunch of images of 70's movie posters (The Gauntlet, Our Man Flint, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot etc)...it doesn't hurt to get your artist juiced up for the job...

Frank

Montynero

I was super excited to get this artwork from the mighty Ben Willsher yesterday! What a talented dude. Very flattered he bothered to draw it too, given how busy he is with 2000ad strips right now.

Spikes

Very nice. Always a treat to see more from Ben.

Simon Beigh

Yeah - it's great to see more of Ben's work. Lovely piece, Montynero!