Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Haha! Ming, I hadn't noticed the size of the thing until you said! Sorry chaps!  :lol:

Mangamax

Hmmmm... Guess i'll start mine by going to the max - Black Max:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 December, 2014, 03:01:41 PM
Haha! Ming, I hadn't noticed the size of the thing until you said! Sorry chaps!  :lol:

When it comes to images for art, then BIG is indeed beautiful !
Cracking piece Mark - congratulations!

Mangamax

Was SO thrilled to hear that Flesh was coming back. Not only coming back, but it'd be a direct sequel to my second favourite strip when 2000AD first started. It'll have Trans Time! It'll have cowboys! It'll have outlandish dinosaur gore! And, hopefully, great looking dinosaurs too.
Happily, James McKay really delivered on that front and, as soon as i read the first episode, i got in touch with the fella to see if he'd take part in my project.  Straight away i knew what i wanted: The now totally inaccurate, standing bolt upright, portly, big-headed Old One Eye going up against the totally accurate, brilliantly realised Gorehead.
James was up for it alright, but work pressure had meant it took a good while to see just what would happen when the two meet.
Fantastic isn't it?
But, who's going to win?

Spikes

Very nice, and I loved James McKay's art on that run of Flesh.

Woolly

[spoiler]Fucking hell![/spoiler] That Slaine vs Shoggy is a masterpiece. And anything Chris Weston draws is just jaw-dropping.

My envy knows no bounds. I really must start saving for something like this!

*edited to cover the swearing  :-\*

Woolly

And James Mackay? Drawing dinosaurs? Jumpers for goalposts? Isn't it, though!  :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

That's just glorious BUT clearly Old One Eye wins... comfortably

Mangamax

Wins while no doubt letting out "a triumphant screech"!

Hawkmumbler

The unfortunat Trans-Time workers abou to be trod underfoot is the best part.

Mangamax

I've posted this stunner on the Forum before but, with a dedicated thread now for commission work, why not give the beauty another airing?
Behold, the launch piece to my "Someone Old, Someone New" project:

o1s1n

cliff Robinson really is one hell of a draftsman isn't he? Gorgeous page.

Mangamax

Dom Reardon kindly provided a cover for a special 2000AD-themed edition of the SF/fantasy/horror modelling magazine, Drone.
The publication has a fictional editor by the name of Dr One, a zombie-like character and my only brief to Dom was could the piece have him and the more fantastical characters from the Prog at that time that i could think of as being the most supernatural, figuring they'd be treading a middle line for readers tastes. So plumped for DEath, Deadlock and Nemesis.
Other than that, it was all down to Dom and here's he's coloured and B&W versions:

Mangamax

Cliff was a joy to deal with from start to finish when doing my "Dredd vs the Seventies" piece and an excellent example is how he contacted me to say sorry but one of the prelims had been slightly damaged.
He felt really bad about it and, to make up for it, said he'd do me an extra picture and would i rather know what it was or wait till the art arrived?
I'd had JPEG's of all stages of the commisssion so knew what i was getting there, so chose to wait and have a surprise.
And boy was i - a truly brilliant, evil take on Black Max and i was blown away and chuffed to bits.
What a great guy!

Mangamax

Book Cook's contribution to my "Someone Old, Someone New" project, choosing to show two Strontium Dogs you don't often see together: