Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Spikes on 17 December, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

blackmocco very kindly worked his, considerable, magic on my McMahon commission, and the results are absolutely fantastic.
Outstanding work, Mick. And thank you so much!

Jaw dropping stuff Iain!

Mangamax

I really wanted Carl Critchlow for my "Someone Old, Someone New" project as i'm a massive fan of his incredibly fine linework.
So, got in touch with Carl and he said sure but i'd have to wait a while.
Straight up, i asked Carl if he would do for the modern character his Thrud, which seemed logical, and asked for a certain 70's person for the old one - who i won't name as hopefully he'll still be appearing in the project yet.
Carl said sure to Thrud, but would i mind if he chose the other side of the coin as he had something in mind?
Didn't mind that at all - half the fun of this project is the surprise of seeing what folk would come up with.
So, when the email came with an attached JPEG asking if it was okay came, it was a real thrill to sit there and open the file.
And what a thrill to see these three appear!
I absolutley LOVED the Three Bears when i were a nipper and i can't tell you how chuffed i am to have an original of them done by one of my favourite artists, along with a brillaintly awful pun.
Carl, you're a gent sir.

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

maryanddavid

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Skullmo

Quote from: Mangamax on 21 December, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
I really wanted Carl Critchlow for my "Someone Old, Someone New" project as i'm a massive fan of his incredibly fine linework.
So, got in touch with Carl and he said sure but i'd have to wait a while.
Straight up, i asked Carl if he would do for the modern character his Thrud, which seemed logical, and asked for a certain 70's person for the old one - who i won't name as hopefully he'll still be appearing in the project yet.
Carl said sure to Thrud, but would i mind if he chose the other side of the coin as he had something in mind?
Didn't mind that at all - half the fun of this project is the surprise of seeing what folk would come up with.
So, when the email came with an attached JPEG asking if it was okay came, it was a real thrill to sit there and open the file.
And what a thrill to see these three appear!
I absolutley LOVED the Three Bears when i were a nipper and i can't tell you how chuffed i am to have an original of them done by one of my favourite artists, along with a brillaintly awful pun.
Carl, you're a gent sir.

Haha - Brilliant!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Bolt-01

Manga- Your commissions are always worth seeing. Thanks for sharing.

Mangamax

Still stunned and amazed after all these years by the excellence of Mr Weston's take on the Spider he did me:

Hawkmumbler

Carl's awesome isn't he? That Thrud commission had be laughing for a good while. And ues, Weston is an unparalleled talent, isn't he.

Mangamax

Mangamax

A few years back, when Gerry Finley Day returned to Rogue Trooper, i straight away got on to Art Droid Staz Johnson to see if he'd like to depict Rogue in my "Someone Old, Someone New" project.
He was up for it and wanted to know who the "old" character would be?
I'd settled on Hellman, as i'd been a big fan of the fella in Action. Well, pre-watered down Action that is.
Staz said fine - but wouldn't he look kind of dull in just a black tank commanders outfit compared to Rogue?
And he suggested Major Eazy instead.
I'd discounted him because i'd planned to see if i could get Mr Ezquerra to do him (still do!), but agreed he had a point.
So, Staz took the Eazy route - and i'm mighty glad he did  :D

Mangamax

With Black Max being my favourite ever British comics character, i had to get a commission of the fella at some point.
Figured there's two ways to go with Max - traditional war comic style or to play up the horror element.
Going the spooky route, i have a top three wish list of Dom Reardon, Frazer Irving and Leigh Gallagher, because of the stunning, moody B&W work they've produced over the years.
So i was thrilled that Dom was up for it. He didn't know the character and needed reference pics and i asked if i could have a full length shot with maybe a Bat in the background?
Dom said yup and that he also planned on putting a plane in there and could i supply some frames from the strip for reference.
Happy to do that and happier still to get this prelim before long:

Of course it was ok so i asked to carry on and the finished piece is below.
I wanted a dark, moody, supernatural take on the fella and Dom didn't disapoint.
Cheers Dom!

Mangamax

I was after Dom Reardon to add to my "Someone Old, Someone New" thing and i knew i wanted Demon Jenny to be the "new" one - Cabs Inc was in the Prog back then and she, out of all the characters, i felt really fitted in with bizarreness of many of the 70's characters that were popping up in the project.
But who's powerful enough to take her on?
I was thinking of Cursitor Doom, to match her supernatural side, but in the end i went with brute force and returned to Black Max for one of his Bats.
And here we are:

Eamonn Clarke

This topical beauty is on its way to me from Spain.
Es muy bueno

Spikes

Very topical, and very nice. King Carlos hits it for six once again.

Just for asking; Is this commission A3 sized, eamonn?