Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Quote from: Mangamax on 31 May, 2015, 08:55:08 AM
Fantastic Batness there  :D
Allow me to reply with the latest of my "Someone Old, Someone New" pieces, a LONG time coming but worth the wait and, if you like it, the link here takes you to details of the what & why of it:

http://someoneoldsomeonenew.blogspot.co.uk/

Ah man I LOVE old British characters - so many good ones lost in the mists of time.
It's great to see Billy again! Fantastic art there by Colin
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

chiefy2shoes

Picked up a few nice bits from the N.I.C.E. comic con this past weekend.

Also got two thirds of a jam piece that I'll post when finished and seeing as myself and the good wife had our first (and only) kid three weeks ago I got a few baby themed pieces.

Geoff

The Dillon Dredd Wolfman is superb - worth waiting for!  You just can't fault him as an artist I think and he's a real gent to boot.

That Lone Wolf and Cub is such a nice idea and beautifully done.

Geoff

I'm so happy I managed to get this on Sunday up in Bedford - I've been smiling about it all day!

Dredd meets Jesse Custer and takes the appropriate precaution..

Link Prime

Some lovely stuff here, all the more reason to get Dillon back in the Prog.

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 September, 2015, 10:37:59 AM
Some lovely stuff here, all the more reason to get Dillon back in the Prog.

Yep. A cracking collection there chiefy2shoes.

chiefy2shoes

Here's the half way mark of my latest line-up commission. So far we have Two Ton Tony Tubbs by Dylan Teague and Jack Point from Frazer Irving. Hoping to get it finished off at Thought Bubble next month depending on which artists are available.

Pete Wells

I got this belter from the excellent Ryan Brown this week, I drokking LOVE it!!!

TordelBack

You wait 35 years for for a brilliant re-imagining of Judge Death, and then two come along at once... 

Gawrsh, but that's so good.

hippynumber1

If anybody was wondering if Pat Mills was the only one who could 'Return to Ro-Busters' then here's your answer! I am absolutely thrilled to be the proud new owner of this Ian Kennedy commission. Cheers to Wiggz for organising things. Hi-res pics and scans of the work in progress over on caf: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1274917

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Colin YNWA

That is a bt special. There's something so unique about Ian Kennedy's colour palette (terminology mine and possibly not currect!) it makes his painted work so vibrant.

Superb.

CrazyFoxMachine

Blimey!!

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Kennedy earlier in the year and he was sharp as a tack, clearly his art skills have not at all diminished either. A genuine treasure - you lucky sod!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 November, 2015, 04:45:31 PM
I am absolutely thrilled to be the proud new owner of this Ian Kennedy commission.

'Kinell!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Great stuff, Mark!  Ian must be 84 or something now?  A shame he doesn't date the commissions to allow people to distinguish them from stuff he was putting out back the the 70s (the 1970s, not his 70s).