Main Menu

If Hachette extends the 2000 AD collection, which books do you want to see?

Started by IndigoPrime, 23 January, 2019, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

Ampney Crucis Investigates,
Maybe then we'll finally get the whole thing in print.

Arkady

The Monarch

the collected works of john smith....also canon fodder like that'll happen :lol:

abelardsnazz

Revere and Cradlegrave. The Dredd collection recognised John Smith, the least the Tooth collection can do is the same.

rs_jr

Defoe complete collection ( defoe needs more love).
Button man
Mazeworld ( though it just had a new edition)
stainless steel rat ( heard this was good)
the red seas ( also heard this was good)
zenith

Tomwe

Since "one book" is out the window I'd also like to see the aforementioned Firekind, along with The War Machine, Defoe, Scarlet Traces. Actually I'd love to read the Steve Pugh Strontium Dogs series again too as well as the Gronk stories by Nigel Dobbin. Flesh! Revere! There's many options. I already own Zenith in HC but it would be the obvious choice to include as would Button Man although that has ownership issues perhaps?

Arkady

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 23 January, 2019, 10:44:50 PM
Ampney Crucis Investigates,
Maybe then we'll finally get the whole thing in print.
That's issue 68 of the initial run.

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

(Incidentally, the idea behind 'one book' was about focus, but also a specific book that would be possible to publish. So Firekind/Leatherjack's page count fits within one volume. Many series are far too short for a single volume, and others would require multiple books, therefore meaning they must either be abbreviated or take up several slots.)

Dark Jimbo

Defoe for me. It's a cracking modern series stuffed chock full of worldbuilding, historical research and a ton of distinctive characters. The Leigh Gallagher run would fit nicely into two Hachette volumes, and there might even be enough material for a third by the time of any possible extension.

And because everyone else has already broken the rule, I'll choose another - Atavar. An easy sell to anyone who loves Kingdom, it's a focused and concise series with the same creative team throughout, the whole trilogy would fit in a single volume and it's never actually had a complete collection...!
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Would all of Brink to date fill a volume?

The recent run in the Prog has been superb and I'd love to have that and the preceding stories in a nice hardback.

CalHab

I would have thought so. They've published two trades to date, not including the current lengthy run.

IndigoPrime

Brink currently exists in two 96-page volumes. Strip-wide, Barney reckons the first and second series, respectively, had 75 and 90 pages. How many are in the third? If it's much more than 80 then it's unlikely that'd all squeeze into one trade (but it'd be a bit short for two, and have to be hacked in half – although that's seemingly par for the course in this collection anyway).

EDIT: looks like it's 96 so far. I wonder how many parts are left? Diamond solicits put the finale as somewhere in 2117–2120. So that means 106p by 2116, assuming no double episodes (and there may well have been), and ending on anything from 112–130.