Main Menu

Website traffic

Started by GordonR, 26 April, 2011, 07:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

Now here's a bit of fun - a URL appraisal site, that gives you estimates on the worth, visitor traffic numbers and ranking of any url you type into it. Not sure how accurate/scientific this is, but here's the results for the 2000AD site:

http://www.urlappraisal.net/appraisal/2000adonline.com.html

Now, 1300 monthly unique visitors would seem to me to qualify as "not a lot."

By comparison, they show Rich Johnson's Bleeding Cool as having over 182,000 (which I struggle slightly to believe) and the BBC as having 12.25 million (which I have no trouble believing at all.)

Dandontdare

Don't tell Rebellion that it's woth $135,000 - I can see us getting closed down and the next editorial meeting taking place in the Seychelles!

Matt Timson

My site's only worth $10,610.50.

I'll take it.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Hmmm... My Blog's worth more than double that.  It also says I have 70,000 hits per month.  Which I find highly unlikely.
Pffft...

IndigoPrime

I love the accuracy. According to that site, iPhoneTiny.com hasn't received a single hit since last summer.

Matt Timson

Surprisingly, sex.com is only worth 100k.  I thought it'd be worth a lot more than that...

:D
Pffft...

GordonR

Mark Millar's Millarworld site only has 900 unique visitors a month, apparently.

I think we can assume a lot of this site's calculations are bollocks.

Daveycandlish

Apparently my blog is worth 25k!

Who wants to buy a comic?!

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!