Main Menu

The Judge Dredd Underbelly Trade

Started by Fragminion, 30 January, 2014, 02:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragminion

I see that just came out. Anybody picked it up yet?  (for those of us that can't really follow the Megazine)

sheldipez

COMMANDO FORCES

I picked it up, excellent quality paper!

Recrewt

I have not picked up the trade but I read this when it was in the Meg. 

As usual Mr Flint's artwork is a pleasure on the eyes but ultimately it seemed to me like the story didn't develop much and ended very quickly.  I thought there was going to be more of the mutant angle with Anderson but it didn't turn out that way.

It's good to hear it has been selling well and perhaps they could follow up with a mini-series with a bigger story.

von Boom

I picked up and it is a lovely book even if you've already read it in the Meg. Besides it's just another way to show my support for a Dredd sequel.

Fragminion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 January, 2014, 04:17:13 PM
I picked it up, excellent quality paper!
Can't as in A. Don't got the $200 + for a Subscription cause is "poh"
or Won't as in B. Is a cheap bastard and wont' drop the $200 + ....

Sadly for me it is the latter...

BPP

Already read it in the Meg, the building splash-page is the highlight, but....

ADVERTS IN THE MIDDLE! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

(Probably some reason like page count making it inevitable but really there is little worse in a yank comic than a story being broken by adverts.)
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ZenArcade

I read it in the Meg, the artwork was fantastic as ever by Flint. I thought the story way too short. It didn't really expand on film in any real way. But anything to keep momentum for a sequel going is for the better.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Molch-R

Quote from: BPP on 31 January, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
(Probably some reason like page count making it inevitable but really there is little worse in a yank comic than a story being broken by adverts.)

Could have been worse - it could have had the sheer volume of adverts you find in American comics. At least with Underbelly you've got 30 pages of comics and the ads fit in where the individual Megazine episode ended, meaning it at least has a story beat to it ;)

sheldipez

It does feel like Marvel and DC are pushing you to go digital to get away from their constant cross-merchandising ads  :lol:

Assume the digital Underbelly doesn't have any ads either?

JamesC

Comic shop has sold out. Not available in Future Shop. Going for £15 on ebay.

Don't think I'll bother unless they get a second printing out.

COMMANDO FORCES

Why not contact a comic shop online. There were a few in my local on the day I collected mine, so I'm sure that you shouldn't get stung!

COMMANDO FORCES

NEWS JUST IN!

Dredd Underbelly is to go to reprint with an exclusive cover by JOCK

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 31 January, 2014, 01:38:21 PM
NEWS JUST IN!

Dredd Underbelly is to go to reprint with an exclusive cover by JOCK

Oh that I gotta get!

Maybe one day to get Jock and Karl's signed on it?

COMMANDO FORCES

Best you get your arse along to a convention then ;)