Main Menu

A Question about Judge Dredd Complete Case files #13 &14

Started by Fragminion, 20 February, 2014, 07:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragminion

CCF#14 starts with The Tale of the Dead Man story and leads into The Necropolis Staroy Arc,
But CCF#13 ends with the A Letter to Judge Dredd.  Is this intentional or was something skipped our left out of the CCF's?

Greg M.

'Tale of the Dead Man' is indeed the Dredd story directly following 'Letter...' so no episodes of 'Judge Dredd' have been skipped. But in order to follow what's going on, you need to read 'The Dead Man', a separate series collected in the 'Tales of the Dead Man' TPB.

Fragminion

That makes sense but then....WHY isn't it a part of the COMPLETE Case Files?

COMPLETE!!!!!!  It means SOMETHING!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fragminion on 20 February, 2014, 08:38:08 PM
COMPLETE!!!!!!  It means SOMETHING!

Dead Man wasn't published as a Dredd strip, hence it not being included.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Only tangenitally relevant, but I put too much work into this not to wheel it out at every oppurtunity:

@jamesfeistdraws

Bat King

Yeah, what Jim said. The 'Complete' is only Judge Dredd titled stories. The Deadman was a Dreddworld story published at the same time as Judge Dredd titled stories and wasn't revealed to be about Dredd till the end.

And cool Graphic Dark Jimbo!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Fragminion

vark

Apestrife

Great story map!

And about Dead man. It's a really good book, but you can read Necropolis perfectly fine without it. And about Chopper, you should stop reading it after Soul on fire and Song for the surfer (that serves as a perfect ending). The rest of it isn't very good.

Hawkmumbler

Dark Jimbo just solved so many loose ends in my little noggin. Your a forum treasure. :D

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 February, 2014, 01:27:08 PM
Dark Jimbo just solved so many loose ends in my little noggin. Your a forum treasure. :D

Ta man - there've been many forum newbies asking where these various books fit in with the Case Files, so I thought something like this would be helpful. Very much still a work in progress - I've just noticed that the Batman crossovers are completely wrong, for instance. Die Laughing should actually dissapear off the bottom of the page!
@jamesfeistdraws