Main Menu

FIRST LAWMASTER PIC FROM DREDD!

Started by Michaelvk, 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

I like it, although I have a few reservations. Oh, and the tyres aren't big enough. ;)

My only concern is this: I REALLY hope the movie and the comics preserve there own unique aesthetics. I don't particularly want to pick up a Judge Dredd trade in a year or two and find the designs have gone totally crazy in efforts to keep in with the movie.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Michaelvk

Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 January, 2011, 05:23:20 PM
AAAAAAAARGGHH!!!

Nah, not what I was expecting but hell, I remember my first sight of the tumbler thinking "THATS the batmobile??"
Hell, the batpod from the 2nd bat movie looked pretty naff in stills and was badass in the film.
Really hoping these leaked pics make the studio think "Maybe we should release some nicely lit, professionally posed pics of this stuff"

Not loving it from this pic, but not hating it either. Consider my appetite whetted

Bloomin 'eck! Isn't that Streethawk?
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Danbo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 21 January, 2011, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 January, 2011, 05:23:20 PM
AAAAAAAARGGHH!!!

Nah, not what I was expecting but hell, I remember my first sight of the tumbler thinking "THATS the batmobile??"
Hell, the batpod from the 2nd bat movie looked pretty naff in stills and was badass in the film.
Really hoping these leaked pics make the studio think "Maybe we should release some nicely lit, professionally posed pics of this stuff"

Not loving it from this pic, but not hating it either. Consider my appetite whetted

Bloomin 'eck! Isn't that Streethawk?
Yeah and even though its over 20 years old still looks better than that 'effort'. Officially deflated. Minty,it's up to you now.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

SuperSurfer

Looks rather front heavy which I guess is a bit of a nod to the original. I wonder if it has a huge front light. Got to say at this point though, I find it a rather odd design but like everyone else, I look forward to seeing more.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 January, 2011, 04:38:40 PM
Increasingly, this also doesn't look Nolan faux-realism to me—it's brutal 1980s-style sci-fi' realism. It's Mad Max and Alien, not Batman Begins. Again, maybe post will change things, but I'm liking the no-nonsense take on the comic so far and its slightly ramshackle nature.

That's what I'm thinkin', it looks like a Dredd film that was made in the 80's, which is interesting, I'll reserve anymore criticism till I see the rest of the bike from different angles -whether anything is added in post-prod etc- as I share some of Steve G's reservations about design imbalance but that uniform looks damn good and I like the grungy vibe to it all.

Keef Monkey

I like it! Looks nice and beat up, and actually more sci-fi than I expected. I really thought they would just go for pretty standard bikes, and I wouldn't have minded that at all. This works for me though, and I'm thrilled it has bike cannons :)

Only minor criticism from me (and I do mean tiny) is that with this being my first full body view of the uniform it looks a wee bit too bulky. Saying that, might be a tubby judge on that bike, or even a stuntman with extra padding.

Toni Scandella

The backpiece on the uniform makes him look like a Ninja Turtle.

I think I'm liking the bike, but can't really tell yet.

Steve Green

Yeah, the tubbiness was one of the things I thought might be a problem when the first pic surfaced...

Is that a walkie-talkie I see on the belt as well?

JOE SOAP

Lookin' at the extra chin, I don't think that's Urban. Fanwankishly speaking, it could be one of the earlier Lawranger models.

Steve Green

Presumably this means they were filming during the day, or was this rehearsals?

I think a night shoot would be much kinder on the bike...

Peter Wolf

I cant say i like the look of that bike very much and the main problem is the fairing on the front of the bike and the handlebars.It looks like it has a longer wheelbase than a normal bike and i am not sure what it would be like taking a corner at high speed.The position of the rider of the bike doesnt look right because you want to be low down and leaning forward rather than perched upright like that but it looks like its the only way to ride it because of the handlebars and fairing.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

radiator

QuoteIs that a walkie-talkie I see on the belt as well?

I assumed that was a mic or a walkie talkie - ie not a prop but a practical thing that won't be seen in the film.

Steve Green

It does seem like a weird compromise between sitting back like a harley, but the design seems to emphasise that it would be better to be crouched forward.

Stan

My first rather disappointing thought was that it looked like something I'd expect to see in Megaforce. I'm not really a fan based on this one image but I'm interested in seeing more, and it'd help if it actually looked solid and roadworthy onscreen. Let's just hope this Lawmaster stays on the ground!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 21 January, 2011, 06:16:51 PM
QuoteIs that a walkie-talkie I see on the belt as well?

I assumed that was a mic or a walkie talkie - ie not a prop but a practical thing that won't be seen in the film.

No, it looks like a walkie-talkie. A radio-mike would never be so obvious looking cos they can be hidden and rarely used for dialogue or natural sound on such a noisy prop like a motorbike.