Main Menu

Dredd OST

Started by FuzzChile99, 14 February, 2011, 11:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzChile99

Anyone know any details about Dredds soundtrack ? I actually liked the music in the Stallone movie and also The Dredd Vs Death Game it kind of fit the ambience of the place. Guess it's a bit early to ask seeing as film is about 11 monthes away , but who would be your ideal composer for the new Dredd Film and which bands would you feel  fit the soundtrack .. I'd like a team up with Krafwerk and Motorhead , that might work.

CYCLOPZ

I hated the music in the '95 movie, it just sounded corny to me. Maybe it was good but I couldn't see it. I was sitting in the cinema waiting to hear the excellent Jerry Goldsmith music from the trailer but that's not what we got.

JOE SOAP

It's a silent film. There will be piano accompaniment at every screening.

FuzzChile99

lol possibly maybe go for that Keystone Cop vibe  , was Jerry Goldsmith going to be used?That's a letdown, maybe he saw Sly and that bloke who played Fergee and said no way.

JOE SOAP

Goldsmith wouldn't have made it any better.

JOE SOAP

David Arnold was original choice to score the '95 film.

FuzzChile99

Not sure anything would of helped that movie ,  musics fine though not a direct copy of Blade Runner , which is what you may expect , if Goldstein had worked on the whole thing perhaps the soundtrack at least would be something decent  that came out of the movie , I have a liking for Dredd Song by The Cure and The Manics tune   that wasn't used . Perhaps there will be a more Afro Vibe with the new film seeing as it's filmed in South Africa, I'd  like something akin to a Lalo Schfrin/Morricone/Vangelis trying to do blue beat in the 22nd Century ..or maybe just stick to the old Joanna as you suggest (God you love "Just the Facts Man"persona  lol)

FuzzChile99

Now  that film was a expensive burp , perhaps  he'll do this one ,I would like to hear some John Barry influence but in a future city way 

Michaelvk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 February, 2011, 12:10:00 AM
It's a silent film. There will be piano accompaniment at every screening.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Afro vibe my arse..

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Teivion

I spent a couple of hours listening to the Playlist on Youtube for the KickAss OST.
That has to be one of the best soundtracks on record ( pun intended)
Recommended, I hope they use the same team.

NSFTM

I liked the Book of Eli soundtrack by Atticus Ross, it's pretty grim, and foreboding, which I think would suit the 'feel'of a film set in a dystopia  rather than a grandiose heroic orchestral piece.

plus I think he'd be cheap
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Grimmyx22

:lol: Get George Romero and his 'Goblins'. Dawn of the dead (original)- Favourite soundtrack ever! Seriously tho, some dark oppressive electronica. At least for the incidental stuff.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I understand the film is really about Dredd judging rookie Cassandra Anderson's suitability for fully fledged Judge and they then get stuck inside a Block surrounded by enemies.

I  know it's not to everyone's taste but every time I see You and Me by electro sounding band Nero [with the video featuring the platform game player] I can't help thinking of the DREDD film. You and me against the Block- when do we attack sort of image comes into mind. Trouble is it's a bit too pop-tastic mate and using a record that's already out is probably not what the Film's Producers want.

Any way like the trailer, the official photo's etc we'll have a long time to wait before we hear anything.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

QuoteI spent a couple of hours listening to the Playlist on Youtube for the KickAss OST.
That has to be one of the best soundtracks on record ( pun intended)
Recommended, I hope they use the same team.

IIRC, Kick-Ass used something like four different composers all working together - a pretty unconventional set-up which Dredd is unlikely to follow. I do think that John Murphy, who produced the grungier sounding tracks on Kick-Ass, is the natural choice for Dredd - and he has previously worked with DNA films on Sunshine and 28 Days Later.

James Stacey

Get John Carpenter to compose it