Main Menu

The Complete Zenith

Started by James Stacey, 29 May, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: opaque on 13 July, 2013, 12:25:28 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 13 July, 2013, 11:25:34 AMand the idea that it didn't belong in a title that was home to strips as diametrically opposed as Halo Jones and Slaine is an odd one.
I really hope you're not comparing Big Dave to the quality of Halo Jones or Slaine!
Indeed. Big Dave is miles better than Halo Jones. Also better than Maniac 5, Slaughterbowl, Summer Magic, Babe Race 2000, Shit Rogue Trooper, Harlem Heroes and any number of other strips which were running at the same time. But not Really & Truly.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Not sure if serious...or just Cosh.

Frank

The Cosh started a new job this morning; I expect he's been excitable and showing off in front of new people all day. Depends on your point of view though, dunnit? Big Dave's certainly funnier than Halo Jones, if that's your priority, and it didn't take as long to find its feet as Anal Moore's masterpiece did either. Some of Book One's a bit boring ... don't hate me, the rest is brilliant.

matty_ae

T-shirt arrives.
Seems to fulfill the same purpose as the marvelman t-shirts in SDCC three years back to state the copyright and trademark.

JOE SOAP

BleedingCool- determined to make a story out of this.

QuoteI understand that there are legal moves afoot from Scotland.

Everyone stand around in the playground and start chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I give Bleeding Cool zero credence, they will say literally anything to get attention.

opaque

I agree. But also if there wasn't any legal action when it was announced, and went on sale and eventually sold out is it likely to be happening now?

Steve Green

Who knows?

Not us for sure. Maybe Morrison found his copyright paperwork wedged behind a ton of lost Dr Who episodes.

Frank

Quote from: opaque on 03 August, 2013, 07:07:08 PM
I agree. But also if there wasn't any legal action when it was announced, and went on sale and eventually sold out is it likely to be happening now?

All that's happened so far is that the books have been solicited, folk have placed their orders, and the proofs have come back from the printers - there's plenty of time between now and December for everyone's lawyers to increase their billable hours. Like Mr Green says, nobody really knows what's going to happen, and I expect that includes Rich Johnston.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Worst case scenario is that GM succeeds in blocking publication. He would have effectively no chance of mounting a rival book (artist's rights are firmly with Rebellion) so it would be lost for a generation.

I could only see lawyers benefitting from any such legal moves, whomever wins, and I very much hope they are avoided.

opaque

Oh there certainly 'could' be something at any point until the books are in our sweaty palms, I just would have expected it before now if there was really something in it.
One way or another this issue will be dealt with by the end of the year.

ThryllSeekyr

Well, I received my Zenith tee-shirt in the mail today. Though no Complete Zenith graphic novel.

Is it even in print yet?

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

When (if at all) can we expect to here/ see production updates?

klute

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 August, 2013, 12:13:18 PM
When (if at all) can we expect to here/ see production updates?

Ditto
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.