Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Great actor and, by all accounts, a top bloke.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yes, unfortunate news about Rene Auberjonois, he seems to have been one of those actors who made any character he played a memorable one. :'(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

von Boom

Very sad news about Rene Auberjonis. I remember at the beginning of DS9 I wasn't thrilled with Odo but by the end he was one of my favourites. He always brought an unexpected depth to any character he played. RIP.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson has died. The Grim Reaper has it in for the entertainment world it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50730052

― Nikola Tesla

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, bloody hell. They had some really nice pop songs and I really fancied her when I was a young lad.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

David Bellamy, 86

This is another of those pieces of my childhood :(

Jim_Campbell

To the best of my knowledge the only famous graduate from my university. I think that now makes me the most famous of their alumni.* I absolutely did not do in David Bellamy for that reason.

I had other reasons.

* Which tells you more or less everything you need to know about how shit my university was.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

I was lucky enough to meet David Bellamy briefly back in the early '80s, when peatland conservation was becoming a thing over here and he was lending his huge profile to the cause. He was extremely patient with an over-serious pre-teen badgering him, and helped cement a nascent love of wetlands which kept me busy and sometimes employed in all sorts of strange jobs through to the mid-90s. He was alright, he was.

Chewing over his passing this evening, we were debating his age. "Anyone who Lenny Henry impersonated on Tiswas is by definition pretty old", I opined. The missus replied:  "And as for people who watched Lenny Henry impersonate people on Tiswas..."

RIP David.

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, man. See you, David.  Didn't he appear in The Cursed Earth? Also I think he'd always wanted to be buried in an Irish peat bog, so either he'll be very well preserved in a couple of thousand year's time, or he'll be inside my stove warming my boat.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 December, 2019, 10:59:38 PMDidn't he appear in The Cursed Earth?

Close, it was 'Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo'. Presumably some bit of him did re-appear in the Cursed Earth slightly later.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 December, 2019, 11:15:45 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 December, 2019, 10:59:38 PMDidn't he appear in The Cursed Earth?

Close, it was 'Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo'. Presumably some bit of him did re-appear in the Cursed Earth slightly later.

Baloney!

radiator

The United Kingdom as we know it, I guess.

Rately

Quote from: radiator on 12 December, 2019, 11:38:01 PM

Maybe a good thing to escape the Tories.

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 13 December, 2019, 10:07:34 AM
Quote from: radiator on 12 December, 2019, 11:38:01 PM

Maybe a good thing to escape the Tories.

If only London would break away from England - maybe join forces with Scotland, which is more aligned than the media might have you believe with Londoners.  p.s. half the bankers that London is known for live in Surrey*

*though admittedly they probably have second homes in the city...