Art

Buddy

ukdane

Firefly- got it. (you liked it?)
Dreddcon- No chance of the ticket! :-(
Cheers

-Daney

Megadeth

I had loads of trouble coming up with things to get for my recent birthday and so ended up with money and vouchers.

So far with these i've picked up

Firefly Box Set (I like it so far)
The Walking Dead Vol.3
and
A Massive bookcase to house all my crap

Still got money to burn so i'll be taking on board all suggestions for Ukdane.

Lord Running Clam

How about Bone.You can now get the whole story in one volume(around 1300 pages),for something like 20-30 pounds.

ukdane

Got Bone in singles and as one volume.
Just bought new shelving.
Walking Dead Vol 1 isn't a bad idea, as I only have issue 7 onwards.

Anymore DVD box set recommendations (and where to get them from cheap?)
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

DVDS --

Shikoku, Q: The Winged Serpent, The Abominable Snowman, Lone Wolf & Cub Boxset, Cursed (Japanese release, not the Wes Craven werewolf flick), The Stone Tape, Quatermass: The Complete Collection, Grave of the Fireflies, Ultraviolet, Onibaba...

Graphic novels --

The Dark Horse Book of the Dead, any of Titan's Modesty Blaise, Doctor Who, James Bond or Dan Dare collections, Frankenstein (Frazer Irving/Gary Reed), Jack Staff: Everything Used To Be Black & White, any of the Essential Tomb of Dracula collections, Persepolis I and II, Rogue Trooper: Fort Neuro, Domu...

Books --

The Emperor of Dreams: Clark Ashton Smith, Sirius, The Sirens of Titan, The 9/11 Commission Report, Alan Moore: Portrait of an Extraordinary Gentleman, Bolland Strips, Pity the Nation: Lebanon at War, The Samson Option, The Elements of Typographic Style...

CDs --

The War of the Worlds (the remastered Jeff Wayne album), Dalek Empire, the complete Big Finish/2000AD collection (only ?50 direct from  Big Finish...), Public Enemy: It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Coldcut: Let Us Play, The White Stripes: Elephant, Doctor Who: Fury From The Deep, Sepultura: Chaos AD...

Games --

(Sticking with current generation consoles...) Project Zero, Pikmin 2, GTA: San Andreas, Donkey Konga 1 or 2, Shadow of Memories, Eternal Darkness, Ico, Viewtiful Joe 1 or 2, Resident Evil 4, Zoocube...

Misc. --

Any of the XX-in-1 games from Firebox.com...

Lord Running Clam

You could try Kane.Which is by the writer/artist of Jack Staff but is a crime comic.

The two volumes of Strangehaven by Gary Spencer Millidge are a great read.Its kind of like The Prisoner.

I also injoyed the two volumes of Xenozoic Tales,released by Dark Horse.Its the Comic Cadillac's & Dinosaurs was based on.

The Amstor Computer

Any of the books Clam suggested would be great - and you can add the third volume of Strangehaven (out now I believe) to the list...

ukdane

The only thing that's put me off Strangehaven is it's length (time) of publication.
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

I've just spent an age looking at firebox.com.
Xmas stocking-tastic it is!
Cheers

-Daney

Max Kon

Adrian Bamforth

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000163WGW.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">

Mike Carroll

If you don't already have one, how about a subscription? It's the gift that keeps on giving for a whole year! Plus it's one of those great incentives for getting up on Monday mornings!

Mike C