Main Menu

Talent Wanted for Massacre For Boys In Colour

Started by Steven Denton, 05 January, 2012, 11:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: mrstu on 12 January, 2012, 09:05:54 PM
when are looking at getting this out?

Basically, when it's ready.

A preceding edition - Massacre For Boys Action Special - will be launching at Bristol in May.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Just wanted to say that we've had a fantastic response to this thread  :)

Thank you to everyone that's submitted material. We've been greatly impressed with the level of talent on display and indeed when we've had to decline things it's been over-ridingly on grounds of suitability rather than quality.

Inevitably (given where we are) there have been a number of Future Shock-style scripts come in, and that's not really what we're looking for. I quite enjoy reading them - and they do serve to some degree as a calling card - but Future Shocks are not really Massacre For Boys.

I'm glad to say that there have been other script ideas offered to us that are really promising, as well as volunteering to help out by some great artists. The comic is taking shape now, but there's still plenty of opportunity to get involved.

locustsofdeath!

Gads! I'd better get on my Makcim Tahk and redraft my script before you're all booked up!

Steven Denton

Time to bump this.

We are still looking for more talented people to contribute and this forum is absolutely stuffed full of talented writers and artists! If you fancy writing or drawing a classic boys comic action/adventure/sports/sci-fi/fantasy/war/superhero (delete as appropriate) strip then tell us about it!
Issue 2 is coming together and there is plenty of room in issue 3.
Full Colour US format and so much more than just nostalgia!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

*bump*

Work is continuing on Massacre For Boys Picture Library. It promises to surpass everything we've done before.

You may have seen the astonishingly astonishing cover by David Frankum:

Joining David we have a staggering array of UK comics talent, many of whom are regulars on this very forum. However, this being the small press, we do find ourselves an artist or two light.

So, if you are handy with a pencil and want to join the fun please drop me or Steve a line.

We especially want to hear from you if you are good at drawing emus ;)

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

After that exciting cliffhanger, I can now reveal we got our artists :)

Many thanks to our brave volunteers, formal announcements to come on the MFB blog.

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/