Main Menu

Annoyed Android. New Character/strip (pic heavy)

Started by we66y, 10 April, 2013, 11:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

we66y

Hi Dandontdare,  I see what you mean about the missing panel between pages 3 and 4, well spotted. It's an easy fix I think, I can drop and the bottom off the first panel on page 4 and push it down so that there's room above for an establishing shot. Thanks again.

Darren Stephens

Enjoyable stuff, We66y. Agree with what's been said regarding the lettering and colours, but yeh. Like it!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

we66y

So I've made some adjustments to the strip in accordance with some of the suggestions I've received.  I downloaded Digital Strip 1 and 2 type face (are these good fonts) but I've yet to work out how to use them in adobe illustrator. I'm not sure what to do about the colours, I'm not sure if bolder colours would suit the story, I'll have a think about that one.

we66y

page 2 with the movie posters redrawn.

we66y

page 4 with an added establishing shot of Annoy in the corridor of Middleton Block

Jim_Campbell

As far as the lettering goes, you're on the right lines if you're lettering in Illustrator. There's a thread about lettering on this very forum:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26445.0.html

Digital Strip's not a bad choice, either.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

we66y

Hi, I've updated another page, I've corrected the typo and played around with the corporation logos so that they're not so obvious.  Just a little tweak.

we66y

Doh! In my haste to upload the first issue onto the forum I failed to notice that I had double posted 1 page twice and missed out another page, sorry. I sure you can guess where this page fits into the story, I'm a little embarrassed that I made such a rookie mistake.

Greg M.

The funny thing is it actually works perfectly well without it, in the sense that the page shows what I'd assumed happened anyway.

we66y

Today I received a letter through the post, I recognized the hand writing on the envelope as my own.  It was the SAE I had sent along with my art submission about a month ago.  It contained as I supsected a rejection letter, short but sweet.  The comments were my figure drawing needed improving as the anatomy was sometimes wobbly and my inking needed refining.  A bitter pill to swallow but I'll work on those point.

This is the first page of the second issue of my story, I hope everyone likes it.

CrazyFoxMachine

You, uh, not tempted to stop using Comic Sans then?

we66y

I downloaded some different fonts but they're not compatible with my old version of illustrator 9.  As soon as I can update my system I'll alter the fonts.