Main Menu

Meg 361 and new logo

Started by Dash Decent, 10 June, 2015, 12:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Was just a text one.  Saved it for...erm.....my morning 'routine', lol....so have read it now, and it was pretty good. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dan Banks

I can't remember a singe panel from Finn book 1 but I really enjoyed book 2. How odd and yet pleasing.

The rest of the Meg was pretty good too including the text pieces (1 interrogation and a prose piece is a lovely balance). Demon Nic was the only story I wavered on but AT LEAST IT ISN'T REAPER!

N.B. Welcome back Lawless, an absolute gem.

Timothy

I loved Demon Nic. Really different to a lot of stuff in the Meg, beautifully drawn, and great potential in the story. Great to see Lawless back too.

DrJomster

Really good Meg this month. Stands up particularly well on re-read. Great variety of style across the different thrills. Love that! Really interested to see how these all develop.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Mikey

Fantastic cover from The Staples. Eye catching and dramatic - lush! And the new logo works for me...

Dredd - This feels like a lost classic from the '80s already, in a good way of course. Shame to hear that Grennie's not going near Dredd again as I've always really enjoyed his yarns on the character. Anyway, good start to this.

Demon Nic - I really liked this! It felt refreshingly different for the Meg though at times I'll admit the lack of borders lost me  - a minor niggle and it only means I have to pay closer attention next month. Art wise it's like the love child of Philip Bond and Shaky Kane I reckon, which is a Good Thing.

Anderson - I generally don't really enjoy short prose stories of comic characters. It's nothing to do with the writers, just the stories never seem to fully engage me. That being said, this was grand.

Storm Warning - this was excellent. A really great introduction to a new character with some really lovely art. Good stuff!

Lawless - Yeah, liked the first outing and expect I'll enjoy this as much when it gets going. Really love the art on it and the opening pages were a feast of detail...but...and I'm not trying to be a twat or anything, it's a touch of OCD on my part, but her pony tail makes me want to point her in the direction of the regs handbook! The length can't be practical surely? Never mind how long it'd take to do in the morning! For the record I'll state that I'm bald so will accept that jealousy may be part of it.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mikey

Also: I really enjoyed the Finn floppy for nostalgic shits and giggles. Took me right back to being 15 again and I realised how much I absorbed it at the time.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Proudhuff

Quote from: DrJomster on 19 June, 2015, 11:03:44 PM
Really good Meg this month. Stands up particularly well on re-read. Great variety of style across the different thrills. Love that! Really interested to see how these all develop.

This ^^^

and an interview with the godlike genius Alex R, nice.
DDT did a job on me

Grugz

liking the new logo, unobtrusive yet big!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html