Main Menu

MARCH ART COMP - SWORDS & SORCERY

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 March, 2016, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 March, 2016, 01:53:37 AM
Okay, maybe not Skullswords, because I was just fooled by the helmet worn by the warrior standing behind her.

I was considering making them skull swords but in the end I just used elements from several Slaine artist work to give it an old school feel.

Steven Denton

annoyingly my original post was slightly scaled and all the lines ended up with funny artefacts!

ThryllSeekyr

It also takes awhile to load up on my screen. My internet is very poor right now.

I was also thinking that it might have been possible that Niamh was so pissed at being forced to leave the northern Sessair tribe after she was found to be pregnant with Slaine's baby that she defected to southern Drune tribes ....at least for a while.

Now that's concept, & so she wandered with the Skullswords, and then maybe she switched sides again when her boy (Kai) grew big enough to walk on his own.

Jon

I developed my thing a bit further with colour.

Paul Moore

I fancied drawing a bit of Slaine...

My Twitter account
@pmoore121
https://twitter.com/PMoore121
My Instagram site
https://www.instagram.com/paulmoore121/

Dandontdare

Quote from: Paul Moore on 22 March, 2016, 04:19:00 PM
I fancied drawing a bit of Slaine...

... but I got carried away and drew all of him.

I'll get my coat

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Jon on 22 March, 2016, 12:35:06 PM
I developed my thing a bit further with colour.

Was this drawn without using a computer, for the drawing/painting side of it. Not the putting it up here??

Jon

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 March, 2016, 09:49:18 PM

Was this drawn without using a computer, for the drawing/painting side of it. Not the putting it up here??

Nope, it was painted entirely on a computer, I'm afraid, using Photoshop and a Cintiq. I have to fit it in with whatever spare time I can find, so it was produced on three different machines over three different sites and synced via Dropbox.

SuperSurfer

Jon

Thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nic_Freeman

At some point drawing a silly pun turned into drawing a lot of hair. So much bloody hair.

Colin YNWA

Never, ever describe a gag of that quality as silly... however silly it is! Both artistic and cmedy gold.

Well played sir,

ThryllSeekyr

Leigh S

Thought I'd best pop my head back into the competition, though a scary month to do so! Top stuff all round so far... this went awry somewhere from mind to here, possibly because I was torn between being faithful to the moment as seen and riffing off it (should have done the latter with Medb given the full Bride of Crom getup, even though it wouldnt have been 'right'... the burden of geekdom!)

Andy Lambert

Gotta say - there are some cracking entries this month! Voting is going to be very difficult!