Main Menu

MARCH ART COMP - SWORDS & SORCERY

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 03 March, 2016, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Leigh S on 23 March, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
Thought I'd best pop my head back into the competition, though a scary month to do so! Top stuff all round so far... this went awry somewhere from mind to here, possibly because I was torn between being faithful to the moment as seen and riffing off it ( even though it wouldnt have been 'right'... the burden of geekdom!)

That's superb.....better than Massimo's. If you were drawing that good back in those days,  you'd be the man for that one.

Quote from: Leigh S on 23 March, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
Should have done the latter with Medb given the full Bride of Crom getup,

Not quite sure why that wouldn't be right, but I'd still like to see that, you version of it. Just look through book of scars to compare you work to Clint Lanely's tribute to the late artist. I think there's clue to my earlier query there. Otherwise me, my head's to pre-occupied for this.

allistermac

Some excellent work this month. I have another Slaine inspired entry, with elements from 'The Horned God' & 'The King'.

ThryllSeekyr

More great work!!!

Slaine without pants???

Good to his trusty dragon & untrustworthy dwarf & Avagdu.

Darren Stephens

My god, this months comp is the toughest to call in a while. Top, top stuff from everyone.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Steven Denton

Renegade Templar: Haunted by the ghosts of his fallen comrades, this holy warrior wanders the holy land protecting the innocent from Crusader and Saracen alike.

(who wouldn't like to see a sword and sorcery version of Rouge Trooper?)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Steven Denton on 26 March, 2016, 03:42:13 PM
Renegade Templar: Haunted by the ghosts of his fallen comrades, this holy warrior wanders the holy land protecting the innocent from Crusader and Saracen alike.

(who wouldn't like to see a sword and sorcery version of Rouge Trooper?)

Just imagine what personality/soul chips might be if R.T. is in a fantasy setting. It would have to be magic, I guess. His gear is now possessed by the souls of his dead conrades granting giving him a Vorpal-Sword, Back-Pack of Holding, & Helm of Illusionary Displacement or Double/True-Seeing/Knock (The last one opens locked doors....)

I found it easier to think of him carrying around typical magical weapon known from Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Andy Lambert

SpongeJosh

Amazing! :o Really tough voting ahead. Great effort from all. :thumbsup:

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus, what an incredible month for artwork!  Andy, that reminds me of the old Proteus RPG magazines, of which I have very fond memories
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

amines2058

A bit late and a bit rushed (finished 5 minutes ago), but wanted to get something in for this month. Mongrol the Ogre. Brush and Dip pens on Bristol board as I wanted to go traditional and have a mess about with some pens I haven't used for ages. Sorry for waffling, hope you like!!!

Jon

Quote from: amines2058 on 27 March, 2016, 09:57:32 PM
A bit late and a bit rushed (finished 5 minutes ago), but wanted to get something in for this month. Mongrol the Ogre. Brush and Dip pens on Bristol board as I wanted to go traditional and have a mess about with some pens I haven't used for ages. Sorry for waffling, hope you like!!!

Ha! I really like that.

SuperSurfer

Just about to upload mine in couple of mins.

SuperSurfer

Sorry to be a pain again. Got stuck with family today. Got in. Thought what the heck I will give this a try. 2hrs 20min start to finish.

Apologies again.