Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

It's going to be mighty hard to look at a Rogue Trooper action figure and watch other people buy one... *sob*

-pj

ming

Quote from: pauljholden on 25 May, 2010, 09:49:48 PM
It's going to be mighty hard to look at a Rogue Trooper action figure and watch other people buy one... *sob*

-pj

Sorry, pj.  I feel your pain.

Sell some stuff and buy one, why dontcha?  S'why we've got two kidneys.  If you really want Rogue, and a 15% discount will help, I'll sort you out when the time comes...  just p.m. me.

2000AD creators deserve this stuff!

mogzilla

i could be tempted by the "male judge" can you hold off a release til next year though then the missus has something to get me for my fortieth that i might actually want? :)

pauljholden

Quote from: ming on 25 May, 2010, 09:56:30 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 25 May, 2010, 09:49:48 PM

-pj

Sorry, pj.  I feel your pain.

Sell some stuff and buy one, why dontcha?  S'why we've got two kidneys.  If you really want Rogue, and a 15% discount will help, I'll sort you out when the time comes...  just p.m. me.

2000AD creators deserve this stuff!

ARGH! You're like SATAN!

When the time comes, I'll remember...

-pj

ming

Quote from: pauljholden on 25 May, 2010, 10:25:08 PM
ARGH! You're like SATAN!

When the time comes, I'll remember...

-pj

Thanks, pj - that's the nicest thing anyone's said about me all day! :D

Jim_Campbell

ARGH! You're like SATAN!

Forgive me for pointing this out, PJ, but you have kids ... and they have kidneys. Nice, pristine kidneys untouched by alcohol. In fact, there's lots of things they have two of ... lungs, eyes ...

It's a goldmine, I tell you!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mogzilla

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 May, 2010, 10:29:42 PM
ARGH! You're like SATAN!

Forgive me for pointing this out, PJ, but you have kids ... and they have kidneys. Nice, pristine kidneys untouched by alcohol. In fact, there's lots of things they have two of ... lungs, eyes ...

It's a goldmine, I tell you!

Cheers

Jim

i'll give you both pj's kids left lungs and right eyes for the male judge oh and my right bollock! ;) you can have roger's mum for free...everyone else has :lol:

strontium71

I see someone on ebay is selling the 3A Tharg exclusive for £190 including postage from the U.S. already..even though it's technically not available yet.
I want it but i sure aint paying that for it...
...because I hate you.

The Monarch

These are well out of my price range alas however I will sell my wee brother for that Johnny alpha figure!!!!

(I'm not kidding either...) :lol:

strontium71

If someone here could explain how to post a link to this item as I have absolutely no idea , then I'd link it.
...because I hate you.

ming

Meh - this is the very shitty side of this kind of toy collecting; flippers just buying stuff to sell it on at a vastly increased price.  Considering there's a chance the original buyers pick stuff up with a 15% discount, this kind of stuff always makes my blood boil.

Ggggrrrr....

Moral of the story: if you're even vaguely interested in a figure, try and get it at the time it drops; picking it up later will be an expensive pain in the arse.

As for Tharg - regular version to come before long, so don't waste money chasing the one that already appeared unless you're desperate.

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ming on 12 June, 2010, 05:19:31 PM
Meh - this is the very shitty side of this kind of toy collecting; flippers just buying stuff to sell it on at a vastly increased price.  Considering there's a chance the original buyers pick stuff up with a 15% discount, this kind of stuff always makes my blood boil.

Ggggrrrr....

Moral of the story: if you're even vaguely interested in a figure, try and get it at the time it drops; picking it up later will be an expensive pain in the arse.

Moral of the story: It's not a good idea for such limited supplies or "editions" of these models in the first place. Desired quantities can easily be judged and fulfilled through pre-orders. We don't all have the time to sit on a computer waiting to pounce during the opening of a very short window of oppurtunity on very limited stocks, so you really can't blame people with the time and money taking the opputunity to buy now and sell later at profit, that's capitalism.

COMMANDO FORCES

Obviously I was one of the nutters sat at my computer who managed to get one but Garageman has a point.

If numbers where known about how many are in the limited edition run, (I have never known any limited edition product not to say how many are in the run and still we have no idea) then it might push people into going for it.
Say the release was 250 then you could reserve 50 for the 2000AD forum and not for people who suddenly just join the forum, that'd stop what has just happened on ebay from here! You reserve another amount for 3A's site and let the rest go to open market.
Obviously I'm not in charge and have no knowledge of company selling but yet again the real fans are missing out. All people need is a fair chance to buy something like this.
I absolutely dread when the popular figures come out as ebay will be full of the stuff, unless something is done  ::)

I don't want to step on Ash's shoes but was this ebay fiasco not forseen!!