Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Does he sport nipple guns? :o

Were they part of his modifications in the original strip? I don't have it to hand to check.
"Trust we"

ming

Quote from: Dunk! on 08 November, 2010, 07:27:58 PM
Does he sport nipple guns? :o

Were they part of his modifications in the original strip? I don't have it to hand to check.

He had chest guns after raiding a weapons dump; not sure about the nips though!

Mikey

I thought he was just pleased to see me. Or just cold.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mardroid

That's interesting. A nice level of detail. I'm not keen on the amount of rust either. I'd think they'd be pretty much impervious to rust.

As for the eyes, I prefer the featureless* eyes of the later version, but I understand that's not the design they're going for.

Apart from that, looks great.

*By that I mean the glowy type eyes without the iris and pupil. That could be depicted with a metallic light colour.

JOE SOAP

Atomic. Bacterial. Chemical. -but not oxidation- proof.

James Stacey

Quote from: Garageman on 09 November, 2010, 09:03:39 AM

Garageman wins the internet  :lol:

ming

Quote from: Garageman on 09 November, 2010, 09:03:39 AM

Heh - I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

:D

Mikey

Hah! The AB Warriors doesn't really have the same ring, does it? Rust never sleeps, like the man said.

But if you think about it (too much), the ABC part would be more important for a war robot's AI hardware and servos etc. Armour plating, particularly that which has been scavenged, and not necessarily maintained by a robot in full possesion of his senses, would likely be yer actual iron based metal plating - you can get surface rust on steel after all, which doesn't affect the strength over medium timescales. Hell, they've been damaged by projectile and explosive based weapons after all! 

Or there's an as yet useen warrior with a paintbrush for a hand - called Hammerite - from the ABC maintenance platoon.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

Quote from: Mikey on 09 November, 2010, 10:14:07 AMOr there's an as yet useen warrior with a paintbrush for a hand - called Hammerite - from the ABC maintenance platoon.

M.

Either that or Ro-Jaws unblocked a cludgy and Mongrol got caught in the blast...

(great post, Mikey :D)

Dandontdare

Mongrol looks great - what sort of price are we looking at here?

Robo-K33F

Quote from: pauljholden on 06 November, 2010, 10:08:33 AM
Never mind that, K33F - where's the Trapper Hag figure?

Coming soon...weathered.

ming

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 November, 2010, 12:20:02 PM
Mongrol looks great - what sort of price are we looking at here?

No news yet, but expect him to weigh in around $250 (including worldwide shipping). 

You can check previous (sold out) 3A stuff at the Bambaland store site here:

http://www.bambalandstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1

Some previous Big Bots from 3A (Large Martin, Armstrong (14.8" tall, $250), Bramble ($250), Dropcloth, Square):

Heavy Bramble (14" tall, rocket launcher about 21" long; $280)

Mongrol's a complex design but (apart from The Mess) is expected to come without extra weapons or accessories, so I think $250 is a reasonable guestimate at this point.

As soon as there's concrete info I'll post it here (and when there's a date I'll start a separate thread with all the details).  I'll add retail info (onesixthbruce.co.uk is a recommended UK 3A retailer) as well as all the Bambaland stuff as well...

:)

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 09 November, 2010, 01:27:05 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 06 November, 2010, 10:08:33 AM
Never mind that, K33F - where's the Trapper Hag figure?

Coming soon...weathered.

K33F, if it's not letting the cat out of the bag, have you seen any other works-in-progress..?

Tharg with new logo?
Rogue?
Hammerstein?
Ro-Jaws?
Alpha?
Judges?

Gok Wan, Gok Wan, Gok Wan... er.

:o

James Stacey

Quote from: ming on 09 November, 2010, 01:38:26 PM

Gok Wan, Gok Wan, Gok Wan... er.

:o

They are making a Leigh Gallagher model ?

Kev Levell

I like it. I can't afford it, but I like it!