Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Well thats super news !!!! Roll on the next items ..  ;) ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: ming on 18 August, 2011, 12:19:10 PM
Mongrol ships August 31st, apparently; delayed by problems with the boxes.

Thanks Ming!

And to all you moaning minnies about us moaning minnies, this is the sort of stuff we should be informed about, as info keeps us happy.

P.S. You can tell Ash he can send mine now, as I don't mind a box printing error   ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: ming on 18 August, 2011, 05:15:31 AM
I'd expect Mongrol to have pretty much exactly the same level of articulation as the Big Boy.  3A have shown they can scale articulation and paint details really, really well.  Google for some comparison pics of WWR vs WWRp Armstrongs, for example.

I stand pleasantly corrected.

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 August, 2011, 03:55:29 PM
P.S. You can tell Ash he can send mine now, as I don't mind a box printing error   ;)[/color]

Hmm, yes. Such things can increase value in future if you ever planned on reselling.

Not that I know a whole lot about such things.

ming

One thing I'll add that might prove important:

Ash's comment:
"Hammerstein is next, but we are not offering the toys unless everything is molded and good to go!"

This looks like a specific move to try and reduce the delay between sales and shipping; having all the parts ready to assemble would definitely speed things up.  Whether this translates to a predetermined number of figures available at each drop, who knows?  Anyway, plenty of good news this week, and nice to see 3A trying to fix problem areas.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Ash is stupidly busy with painting, the Popbot movie, publishing and a insane number of other things - the fact that he's determined enough and in a position to create this line of 2000AD toys is fairly miraculous, to be honest.  Shows his love for this stuff, really.

Dodsy

I many be a little behind here but were do I have to go to buy one of these things and how much are we talking about?
Twitter - @dodsy84

ming

Quote from: dodsy on 19 August, 2011, 12:42:50 PM
I many be a little behind here but were do I have to go to buy one of these things and how much are we talking about?

Er, check this thread:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,32053.0.html

You'll probably be able to pick one up from eBay after they start shipping, but you might well end up paying over the odds that way.  If I can dig up any retailers that still offer Mongrol I'll post the info here.

Hopefully the 1/12 scale line will feature Mongrol but that's probably some time away, unfortunately.

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

ming

ming

No new news on Mongrol (should start landing soon, though) but a teeny bit of info:

Hammerstein (the next expected 2000AD release) should be early next year.

I was hoping he'd fit into the last quarter of this year, but 3A is busy with a lot of plate-spinning.  There also seems to be a move towards sales taking place only when parts are ready for assembly (in order to speed up the delivery process), which should mean this stuff gets to us quicker after ordering.

Ro-Jaws may sneak in before the year is up, but we'll see.

As always, any news will be posted here.

mogzilla

Quote from: ming on 16 September, 2011, 12:21:55 PM

Ro-Jaws may sneak in before the year is up, but we'll see.

STOP IT you temptress! how can i explain to the wife i need a sewer droid with a little poop scoop ...i could probably just get away with a judge if it fell near a birthday/dads day xmas but she'd need some convincing....

its a shame re:action folded..

breakersrevenge

Did any of you guys missed Mongrol??? Maybe some more available at OSB

breakersrevenge

Just an update from Ash Wood from the forum....

''its shipping, just had it confirmed !''

BPP

*confused face*

Didn't this ship 30th August? The 3A mailshots have had it OFF the 'shipping soon' list since then and the criteria for being off the list is that it is shipped.

Am not complaining in any way but would rather be told when to actually expect the thing rather than to read 3 WEEKS AFTER ITS SHOWN AS SHIPPED that now it is shipping. Had hoped it would have been here this week.

So.. October arrival then?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ming

Heh, there's been a bit of (quite justified) moaning about the shipping date and lack of info on the 3A forum - which is why Ash looked into it and reported back.

If Mongrols are now in the air, then they should hit the UK in the next week or two (I hope).

As soon as I hear of them landing anywhere I'll let you know.