Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

and the 1/12 Mongrol was about a quarter the price of 1/6.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's gonna kill Pete, he loves his 1/6th :lol:

I think that
Tharg was about £54, so we shall have to wait and see how it pans out.

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Impressive though the 1/6 figures are - it never seemed to make much sense for a large range.

If there was going to be one 1/6 it should have been Dredd, not Tharg, not Mongrol or Ro-Jaws...

I'll have to see what comes out. A Dredd/Lawmaster would be my choice.

ming

Great to finally have clarification of where things stand with the line and I think the move to 1/12 is a pretty wise one in terms of potential sales and the knock-on that that support should have for expanding the range of figures that can be developed.  There's also a lot of things that can be done with 1/12 that don't make financial or physical sense in 1/6; Lawmaster, Nort and Souther packs, etc.  And I'm holding out hope for a Teeny Tiny Two Ton Tony Tubbs.  1/6 might still happen for key characters that should sell well (Dredd, Rogue, Alpha?) and the costs of putting together a 1/6 version when things are all set up for 1/12 may not be excessive.  Fingers crossed, anyway.

Onwards and upwards!

Dunk!

"a Apocolpyse War era Sov Judge, Judge Anderson, Judge Death, Johnny Alpha with Gronk, Nemesis, fuck, even that todger Ace Garp"

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and erm, yes.

Sold!

Where do I enter my credit card details?
"Trust we"

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

radiator

Yeah, the giant, expensive figures always seemed a bit ambitious, especially starting with such relatively obscure characters as Ro-Jaws and Tharg (sorry Tharg!).

Don't go in for collectibles or toys myself, but certainly interested to see what they come up with, especially as I believe Rufus Dayglo is involved with designing them.

I wonder if they'd be able to get the rights to do a movie Dredd? That would surely sell fly of the shelves...

Dash Decent

So, are these the action figures Keef mentioned recently?  Or is there something else to look forward to as well?

Quote from: Ashley Wood
get these done by supporting the new line, without you guys it not gonna happen!

I could be entirely off the mark here, but it seems to me that the line will be a lot easier to support if the ordering process is a little more straight-forward.  I never had to look into it because I was waiting for a figure I really wanted, but even with Ming's helpful guidance it seemed (from the outside) that ordering involved rushing to a website at odd hours and a moment's notice to try and beat the 3A fans and eBay profiteers buying them all up.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

Judging by how things at 3A have evolved over the last couple of years, I'll risk suggesting that getting your hands on the 1/12 line should be fairly easy.  Hopefully there'll be some acknowledgment that at least a little advance warning is beneficial for sales numbers, and combined with a decent early-warning system here and fairly lengthy online sales windows at the Bambaland store, things might just go smoothly.  With a bit of luck there may even be the opportunity for these to hit retailers (but I wouldn't count on it).

Anyway, it's good (very good) to get this news at the start of the year.  Fingers crossed for some positive developments and one of yer actual sales in the next few months.  It's been a long wait but anyone who's had their grubby hands on any of 3A's toys knows that these will be the best 2000AD toys you could hope for.

James Stacey

Has to be said the crazy ordering process is what has put me off potential purchases in the past. I like to order when is convenient for me, not in a trolley dash  :lol: Fingers crossed.

Pete Wells

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 January, 2014, 03:16:34 AM
It's gonna kill Pete, he loves his 1/6th :lol:

I think that
Tharg was about £54, so we shall have to wait and see how it pans out.

You're right JB! I'm thrilled the line isn't dead but REALLY want my 1/6th Dredd. Here's hoping Hot Toys or Sideshow do a 1/6th Movie Dredd, then I'll be super happy!

Dark Jimbo

So... anyone want to buy a 1/6th Mongrol?  :o
@jamesfeistdraws

Mikey

I know what you mean Jimbo! But I'm never letting mine go...

Just been talking about this on the 3A board: Ashley Wood mentions the line 'needs support' and there's around a dozen regular 2k fans I know of who buy or have bought the 3A stuff (excluding those here). Of course I'd like to see the toys succeed and a way that might happen is through advertising or promotion in 2000ad and the Megazine i.e. direct to the 2000ad audience.

Is promotion up to 3A or can Rebellion gives things a push from their side? The Megazine also has room for articles which could also be used to highlight the stuff - when there's anything to show of course.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.