Main Menu

Dredd v Death Beta testers

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 July, 2003, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Can I volunteer? I've got a PC, XBox and Gamecube and have been playing games for over 20 years. Please?
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

I've been playing for 21, and I have a PS2 and a PC(and I could borrow all the others), and I have a lucky cabbage, and one good eye, and a pissed off Mrs WoD cause it's her 30th today and I mucked it up already and I'm ranting and I could do with a holiday, and if anyone want's to babysit I'd appreciate it, and my PC is fairly useless (as it's so old) so it probably wont take the game, but my works PC probably would, and I think I should stop.

Ahh, that feels no better at all.

WoD.

GordonR

You're probably a bit late, surely?  The game hits the shelves in six weeks and all that stuff would have presumably been done, well, eons ago...

Mudcrab

Alternatively, free evaluation copies to regular boarders could lead to some (ahem) very favourable reviews.

I'll have the PS2 version, thanks Tharg :o)

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Probably late but it just occured to me this morning.

Alternatively, I am pitching to test the DvD 2.

And I have playing games for a day longer than anyone else. So there.
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

OK Dr X you enigmatic so and so, did you play penetrator on the spectrum?

WoD

Oddboy

Penetrator kicks ASS!!

My favourite of all Speccy games.

Finally getting the bombs on level five & then you have to fly all the way home backwards.

Brilliant!
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

If Rebellion can give me a playstaion 2 and the Dredd game, I promise to invent a time machine and give my beta report to them at the developmet stage.  If I don't arrive, then Rebellion from the past could sue me, and as they haven't sued me I must have done a great job.  

Obviously if they don't give me a playstation 2 then time will begin to collapse, the machines will take over, HG Wells will never catch Jack the Ripper, Shakespeare will never have been born and a deadly disease will wipe out civilisation.

Alteratively I could just wait a couple of months and buy the game when it comes out.

When are the subscribers going to start whinging about getting copies cheap?

Mudcrab

"When are the subscribers going to start whinging about getting copies cheap?"

Right about here!! :o)

Well, the release date's the 12th of September. How deliciously appropriate. Who's betting it'll get put back like every other game seems to these days. I should be playing Futurama by now!!!http://www.jounipaakkinen.fi/futurama/zoid.gif">
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Pyroxian

>I should be playing Futurama by now!!!

Really? Have you [played the demo that was in the X-box magazine recently. I didn't rate it very highly, seems like a _very_ average platformer to me...

Aaargh! And Dredd vs. Death comes out the same month as Half Life 2...

Steve

James

"When are the subscribers going to start whinging about getting copies cheap?"

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=fan&page=message&choice=5657&replies=5" target="_blank">Ahem...

paulvonscott

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sorry - had a couple of days off so that some bams could ruin my house. Sorry, decorate it.

Anyway.

Penetrator? By Melbourne House? The one that was like Scramble, the arcade game? Where you could cheat and "redesign" the whole game so it was flat terrain and you could automatically win?

I played that, yes.

I also remember being impressed by thru' the wall.

And TLL.

And did you know that Knight Lore was finished a year before it was released but held back to boost sales of Sabre Wulf and Atic Atac? (A sequel to both is coming out on the XBox from Rare next summer).

And did you know that if you reaced the 100th opponent on Way of the Exploding Fist then the game froze? (I played that waaaay too much; it is almost as good as Tekken)

And did you know that Monty was Innocent? Maybe - but do you know what crime he commited?
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

You're probably a bit late, surely? The game hits the shelves in six weeks and all that stuff would have presumably been done, well, eons ago...

just for reference was this the same team that got dreddcon organized as well?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

WoD

Ahh, Dr X, we must be very near the same age.

What about Bugaboo the Flea?  That was a very frustrating game