Main Menu

Dredd v Death Beta testers

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 July, 2003, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

Monty was probable jailed due to something to do with a miner's strike. I was more of a Manic Miner fan than Monty Mole though.

My top speccy games were Head over Heels and Quazatron - both classics.

>And did you know that if you reaced the 100th >opponent on Way of the Exploding Fist then the >game froze? (I played that waaaay too much; it >is almost as good as Tekken)

Really? I work for the guy who designed it - maybe he's got a patch...

Steve

Quirkafleeg

WoD

Ahh, quazatron.  My VERY VERY Favourite speccy game.
And to keep this vaguely 2K related, did anyone see the Judge Dredd game on the speccy (or the Rogue Trooper game)?  I donloaded them both for a Psion that I used to have a couple of years ago.  It's V.Funny watching Dredd jump his own height in the way that Characters used to be able to do back then.

WoD.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I finished the speccy Rogue Trooper first time, although all it required was dedication; it was very hard to die.

BTW, Monty was jailed for stealing coal during the miner's strike. (Which was the plot of Wanted: Monty Mole). Then there was the classic Monty on the Run, followed by Auf Wiedershien (sp) Monty and the dire Impossimole. As well as some Your Spectrum tape exclusive.

My own personal favs were Dynamite Dan, and Wally Week and his family.

Inciderntally, did anyone have Deus Ex Machina for the spectrum? It was odd - it had a professional soundtrack (John Pertwee, Ian Dury and others) that you played on a cassette along with the game. Very Matrix/ T3 the plot was
Lock up your spoons!

Pyroxian

Rogue Trooper always used to crash on me :(

I played a bit of Deus Ex Machina. Once I'd downloaded it + the MP3 files for the sound track. Very weird and couldn't really get into it - were you supposed to be doing something on those early screens?

Steve

The Enigmatic Dr X

From memory Deus Ex Machina was a glorified pong
Lock up your spoons!