Main Menu

dredd v death.

Started by Devons Daddy, 02 February, 2004, 12:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

many of us have played the game.
but its faield to make a huge impact on the gaming scene i think.looking at the charts.

so being critical but not nasty. what was not quite all it should have been.
for me.

not XboX live.
no save for certain points.
colours not comic book looking enough.
poor navigation system for finding your way around levels.
to much repetion of events.
no other forms of transport.
the various bullets seem to lack the neccary ability.espeically ricochet.which seems to be a waste of time.

i bought the orignal for 40 sterling and have enjoyed playing it. but in comparison to my many other XBOX games it seems to lack a lot of factors.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

stront692

it all seemed a bit like alien vs predator (jaguar version) all over again for me (including thh last minute 'excuse' that early beta versions were sent out to magazines by accident when it got panned by the critics, still its a good excuse)

Steamboy

only just played this the other day(got it last week at budget price for Xbox, couldn't find any copies for me cube)and I'd agree that it was reasonably enjoyable but could've been way better. For some reason it really reminded me of Time Splitters 2 which isn't a bad thing as time splitters is a cool game just not brutal or gritty enough to be a Dredd game.
Points For
-Aresting people and law metre
-fairly big environments that seemed to represent the Meg pretty well(love Megacity Mall level design)
-Standard, incidery(sp), armour piercing all seemed right(especially standard, how I always imagined Dredds gun sounding, like Robocops)
-Fatties
-Adds, verbal and billboard.
-and its Dredd ofcourse
Points against
-Not enough citizens wandering about
-Dodgy aresting(dude shooting at me arrested for smoking, understandable if I just flammed him but I didn't)
-Games really short and fairly easy(on the Normal setting)
-Hi-ex aint Hi-ex, heat seeker doesnt heat seek, ricochet to hard to use
-Judge Death is a pussy to beat(not even a real fight)
-Goofy comical big feet and funny proportions for all the models(makes it look like Time Splitters)
- Agree withh DD really wanted a Lawmaster level after seeing Dredd hooning aroud between levels.
-Biggest fault as I said is too short, eratic AI(vampires just standing there staring at me) and lack of ordinary Citz on the streets(this would've made the game harder as there would of been more cits to avoid when having a firefight)

CU Krestel

Priv8eye

I have to agree with whats already been said.

The gane is truely mediocre at its best and in many is really only made worth playing by the fact that you are Dredd in his World.

Given that, the world should have been presented better with more cits and transport.  The only other thing that really bothered me was the vampires which seemed out of place.  If I wanted to fight vampires then I would have bought a horror FPS instead of this.  Surely there is enough variety in Dredds world to create a challenging game without having to drag something like that up to create challenging enemies.

I